Forest Gate man found guilty of murdering wife
- Credit: MPS
A Forest Gate man has been found guilty of murdering his wife after they argued about him contacting other women.
Jamshaid Khan, of Nigel Road, was convicted this morning of killing his wife Milena Yulianova.
The Old Bailey heard that the 30-year-old construction worker had stabbed her following a row over him talking to other women on Facebook.
Milena, 27, died in Newham General Hospital on January 28, 2014, hours after emergency services were called to the family home.
She suffered stab wounds to her chest and arms.
You may also want to watch:
Khan, who had been married to Milena for 15 months, was arrested at the scene, initially for grievous bodily harm, and claimed that he acted in self-defence.
The kitchen knife used to kill Milena, a Bulgarian national, was found on the living room floor.
- 1 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 2 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 3 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 4 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 5 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 6 East Ham money laundering suspect arrested in people smuggling probe
- 7 Council loses court action against Barclays Bank
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton 'frustrated' with late penalty which led to Bradford defeat
- 9 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 10 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
Det Insp Andrew Kelly, of the Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: “We will never really know what happened between Milena and her husband that afternoon as she is sadly not here to tell her side of the story.
“However, the jury were satisfied Khan deliberately stabbed Milena in the midst of their altercation and I am pleased with today’s verdict.”
Khan will be sentenced at the Old Bailey on Friday.