Forest Gate man found guilty of murdering wife
- Credit: MPS
A Forest Gate man has been found guilty of murdering his wife after they argued about him contacting other women.
Jamshaid Khan, of Nigel Road, was convicted this morning of killing his wife Milena Yulianova.
The Old Bailey heard that the 30-year-old construction worker had stabbed her following a row over him talking to other women on Facebook.
Milena, 27, died in Newham General Hospital on January 28, 2014, hours after emergency services were called to the family home.
She suffered stab wounds to her chest and arms.
You may also want to watch:
Khan, who had been married to Milena for 15 months, was arrested at the scene, initially for grievous bodily harm, and claimed that he acted in self-defence.
The kitchen knife used to kill Milena, a Bulgarian national, was found on the living room floor.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 4 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
Det Insp Andrew Kelly, of the Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: “We will never really know what happened between Milena and her husband that afternoon as she is sadly not here to tell her side of the story.
“However, the jury were satisfied Khan deliberately stabbed Milena in the midst of their altercation and I am pleased with today’s verdict.”
Khan will be sentenced at the Old Bailey on Friday.