Forest Gate man fined £70 for smoking a cannabis joint in a park
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A man from Forest Gate has been fined £70 for being caught smoking a cannabis joint in a park in Barking.
Kevin Leon Coryat, 33, of Upton Park Lane, pleaded guilty to possession of the drug at Barkingside Magistrates Court yesterday.
Officers on patrol saw Coryat smoking cannabis in Abbey Green on June 17, whereupon he handed over the joint, which he said was for his personal use.
Mr Coryat, speaking in his own defence, said: “It was wrong to have any cannabis in my possession. I admitted to the police that I was doing something wrong.”
The Judge ordered him to pay a £70 fine plus £85 court costs, a total of £175, in the next 28 days.
You may also want to watch:
Possession of cannabis, a class B drug, is a crime under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week