Forest Gate man fined £70 for smoking a cannabis joint in a park
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A man from Forest Gate has been fined £70 for being caught smoking a cannabis joint in a park in Barking.
Kevin Leon Coryat, 33, of Upton Park Lane, pleaded guilty to possession of the drug at Barkingside Magistrates Court yesterday.
Officers on patrol saw Coryat smoking cannabis in Abbey Green on June 17, whereupon he handed over the joint, which he said was for his personal use.
Mr Coryat, speaking in his own defence, said: “It was wrong to have any cannabis in my possession. I admitted to the police that I was doing something wrong.”
The Judge ordered him to pay a £70 fine plus £85 court costs, a total of £175, in the next 28 days.
You may also want to watch:
Possession of cannabis, a class B drug, is a crime under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 10 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University