Forest Gate man fined £70 for smoking a cannabis joint in a park
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A man from Forest Gate has been fined £70 for being caught smoking a cannabis joint in a park in Barking.
Kevin Leon Coryat, 33, of Upton Park Lane, pleaded guilty to possession of the drug at Barkingside Magistrates Court yesterday.
Officers on patrol saw Coryat smoking cannabis in Abbey Green on June 17, whereupon he handed over the joint, which he said was for his personal use.
Mr Coryat, speaking in his own defence, said: “It was wrong to have any cannabis in my possession. I admitted to the police that I was doing something wrong.”
The Judge ordered him to pay a £70 fine plus £85 court costs, a total of £175, in the next 28 days.
You may also want to watch:
Possession of cannabis, a class B drug, is a crime under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 3 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 4 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 7 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 8 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 9 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 10 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later