Forest Gate man fined £70 for smoking a cannabis joint in a park
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A man from Forest Gate has been fined £70 for being caught smoking a cannabis joint in a park in Barking.
Kevin Leon Coryat, 33, of Upton Park Lane, pleaded guilty to possession of the drug at Barkingside Magistrates Court yesterday.
Officers on patrol saw Coryat smoking cannabis in Abbey Green on June 17, whereupon he handed over the joint, which he said was for his personal use.
Mr Coryat, speaking in his own defence, said: “It was wrong to have any cannabis in my possession. I admitted to the police that I was doing something wrong.”
The Judge ordered him to pay a £70 fine plus £85 court costs, a total of £175, in the next 28 days.
You may also want to watch:
Possession of cannabis, a class B drug, is a crime under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 9 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp