Forest Gate gunman jailed for Muswell Hill shooting
- Credit: Archant
A gunman from Forest Gate who shot a man in the face in a north London street has been jailed.
Ramel Francis, 22, of Station Road, blasted the 22-year-old victim several times after a fight in a bar in Muswell Hill spilled out into the street on November 5 last year.
A bullet hit the victim’s right cheek and lodged in his spine but miraculously he survived.
Last week at the Old Bailey Francis was sentenced to 20 years for attempted murder and 15 years for possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
His sentences will run concurrently.
You may also want to watch:
Aaron Small and Nana Nyanor, both 25 and from Hackney, were jailed for eight and seven years, respectively, for possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence.
Detective Constable Bryan Sullivan of the Trident and Area Crime Command said: “This was a shocking act of violence and cowardice, committed against an unsuspecting and unarmed victim.”
- 1 Jailed: Drug dealer who crashed into cab leaving passengers critically injured
- 2 'Severe maladministration' by Newham Council in housing complaint handling
- 3 Man in hospital after fire at disused Forest Gate church
- 4 Detectives release images after robbery in East Ham
- 5 Jailed: Manor Park man guilty of drug offences, but not machete murder
- 6 £3m centre to reduce young adult reoffending to be set up in Stratford
- 7 Blades, £25k and Class A drugs seized by police after car stop in Plaistow
- 8 World Book Day: Notorious football fan 'Mr West Ham' sets record straight
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff 'disappointed' to lose defender Adam Thompson
- 10 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house