Forest Gate gunman jailed for Muswell Hill shooting
- Credit: Archant
A gunman from Forest Gate who shot a man in the face in a north London street has been jailed.
Ramel Francis, 22, of Station Road, blasted the 22-year-old victim several times after a fight in a bar in Muswell Hill spilled out into the street on November 5 last year.
A bullet hit the victim’s right cheek and lodged in his spine but miraculously he survived.
Last week at the Old Bailey Francis was sentenced to 20 years for attempted murder and 15 years for possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
His sentences will run concurrently.
You may also want to watch:
Aaron Small and Nana Nyanor, both 25 and from Hackney, were jailed for eight and seven years, respectively, for possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence.
Detective Constable Bryan Sullivan of the Trident and Area Crime Command said: “This was a shocking act of violence and cowardice, committed against an unsuspecting and unarmed victim.”
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 3 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow