Forest Gate gunman jailed for Muswell Hill shooting
- Credit: Archant
A gunman from Forest Gate who shot a man in the face in a north London street has been jailed.
Ramel Francis, 22, of Station Road, blasted the 22-year-old victim several times after a fight in a bar in Muswell Hill spilled out into the street on November 5 last year.
A bullet hit the victim’s right cheek and lodged in his spine but miraculously he survived.
Last week at the Old Bailey Francis was sentenced to 20 years for attempted murder and 15 years for possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
His sentences will run concurrently.
You may also want to watch:
Aaron Small and Nana Nyanor, both 25 and from Hackney, were jailed for eight and seven years, respectively, for possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence.
Detective Constable Bryan Sullivan of the Trident and Area Crime Command said: “This was a shocking act of violence and cowardice, committed against an unsuspecting and unarmed victim.”
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 9 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen