Jailed: Drug dealer caught with heroin and crack cocaine in his pants
- Credit: Essex Police
A dealer who hid £1,600 worth of drugs in his underwear has been jailed for two and a half years.
Basildon Crown Court heard how Tawheed Jamal, of Marlborough Road, Forest Gate, was driving a car that was stopped by police in Grays, Essex, on November 5.
Officers searched the 18-year-old and found the heroin and crack cocaine stashed in his pants.
He was also found to be in possession of £600 in cash and a phone linking him to the supply of Class A drugs.
Jamal admitted two counts of possession of a Class A drug with intent to supply and a further charge of acquiring criminal property, and was handed the 30 month prison sentence on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Jon Kemp, of Essex Police’s dedicated drug and gang-related crime team, said: “Operation Raptor takes no greater pleasure than hunting down drug dealers, arresting them and getting them locked behind bars.
“If criminals like Jamal think they can come to this county to deal drugs they are sorely mistaken.”
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 4 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 5 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 8 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto