Jailed: Drug dealer caught with heroin and crack cocaine in his pants
- Credit: Essex Police
A dealer who hid £1,600 worth of drugs in his underwear has been jailed for two and a half years.
Basildon Crown Court heard how Tawheed Jamal, of Marlborough Road, Forest Gate, was driving a car that was stopped by police in Grays, Essex, on November 5.
Officers searched the 18-year-old and found the heroin and crack cocaine stashed in his pants.
He was also found to be in possession of £600 in cash and a phone linking him to the supply of Class A drugs.
Jamal admitted two counts of possession of a Class A drug with intent to supply and a further charge of acquiring criminal property, and was handed the 30 month prison sentence on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Jon Kemp, of Essex Police’s dedicated drug and gang-related crime team, said: “Operation Raptor takes no greater pleasure than hunting down drug dealers, arresting them and getting them locked behind bars.
“If criminals like Jamal think they can come to this county to deal drugs they are sorely mistaken.”
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 3 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 4 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 7 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 8 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 9 WSL: West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0
- 10 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate