Five Newham men charged with supplying Class A drugs after raids
- Credit: Met Police
Five Newham men have been charged with conspiring to supply crack cocaine and heroin after dawn raids across the borough.
Police seized the Class A drugs, acid and knives in simultaneous searches of properties across Newham and Chelmsford, Essex, on Thursday morning.
The operation resulted in the arrests of six men, with the following from Newham charged: Fhazio Mulindwa, 27; Jamie Danquah, 18; Quiwanie Russell, 23; Prince Hodges, 19, and 26-year-old Samson Phiri.
Tony Wilde, 50, of Chelmsford, was also charged with the same offence.
All appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court and have been remanded in custody. They are due to appear in court again on February 23.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police arrested a man in his 50s and a woman in her 30s on suspicion of the same offence during the raids, though both have since been released pending further investigation.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 8 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash