Five Newham men charged with supplying Class A drugs after raids
- Credit: Met Police
Five Newham men have been charged with conspiring to supply crack cocaine and heroin after dawn raids across the borough.
Police seized the Class A drugs, acid and knives in simultaneous searches of properties across Newham and Chelmsford, Essex, on Thursday morning.
The operation resulted in the arrests of six men, with the following from Newham charged: Fhazio Mulindwa, 27; Jamie Danquah, 18; Quiwanie Russell, 23; Prince Hodges, 19, and 26-year-old Samson Phiri.
Tony Wilde, 50, of Chelmsford, was also charged with the same offence.
All appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court and have been remanded in custody. They are due to appear in court again on February 23.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police arrested a man in his 50s and a woman in her 30s on suspicion of the same offence during the raids, though both have since been released pending further investigation.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 7 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 8 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Campaigners stage River Thames protest over Silvertown Tunnel