Five in court over Westfield attempted jewellery smash and grab
- Credit: Archant
Five men charged in connection with an attempted smash and grab at a jewellery store in Westfield Stratford City have appeared in court.
Steven Raine, 28, Wayne Worrell, 23, Kaval Kaychurn, 23, Ronan O’Brien, 25, Ian Rawlings, 20, appeared at Lavender Hill Magistrates Court on Friday charged with conspiracy to rob a jewellery store at the shopping centre on September 5.
They were remanded in custody and are due to appear at Kingston Crown Court on September 20.
Four men approached Breitling jewellers on the ground floor of the shopping centre shortly after midnight and began smashing the glass cases.
Nothing was stolen and the suspects were arrested at the scene as a result of a proactive operation involving Newham’s Flying Squad and officers from the SCO19 Specialist Firearms Command.
You may also want to watch:
A fifth suspect, who was waiting outside in a van, drove off but was later traced to an address in Islington and arrested.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 8 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash