Five in court over Westfield attempted jewellery smash and grab
- Credit: Archant
Five men charged in connection with an attempted smash and grab at a jewellery store in Westfield Stratford City have appeared in court.
Steven Raine, 28, Wayne Worrell, 23, Kaval Kaychurn, 23, Ronan O’Brien, 25, Ian Rawlings, 20, appeared at Lavender Hill Magistrates Court on Friday charged with conspiracy to rob a jewellery store at the shopping centre on September 5.
They were remanded in custody and are due to appear at Kingston Crown Court on September 20.
Four men approached Breitling jewellers on the ground floor of the shopping centre shortly after midnight and began smashing the glass cases.
Nothing was stolen and the suspects were arrested at the scene as a result of a proactive operation involving Newham’s Flying Squad and officers from the SCO19 Specialist Firearms Command.
You may also want to watch:
A fifth suspect, who was waiting outside in a van, drove off but was later traced to an address in Islington and arrested.
- 1 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 2 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 3 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 4 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 5 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 6 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 7 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing