Firearms officer cleared of Silvertown raid assault
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A firearms officer accused of assaulting a man during a raid in Silvertown has been cleared of causing actual bodily harm.
Pc Adrian Daly was accused of punching a 29-year-old man, who was in handcuffs, in the back and kicked in the ankle in September 2015.
An investigation was launched by the Independent Police Complaints Commission and in September 2016 found Pc Daly may have committed gross misconduct.
A file was passed to the CPS and he was charged in with grievous bodily harm in March. This was later changed to ABH and he was cleared at the Old Bailey on Friday.
Neil Orbell, IPCC operations manager, said: “Our investigation also concluded that an independent tribunal could find that Pc Daly had breached standards of professional behaviour during the raid and has directed that a gross misconduct hearing be held.
You may also want to watch:
“The IPCC will be in contact with the Metropolitan Police Service regarding scheduling this hearing.”
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 4 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing