Firearms officer cleared of Silvertown raid assault
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A firearms officer accused of assaulting a man during a raid in Silvertown has been cleared of causing actual bodily harm.
Pc Adrian Daly was accused of punching a 29-year-old man, who was in handcuffs, in the back and kicked in the ankle in September 2015.
An investigation was launched by the Independent Police Complaints Commission and in September 2016 found Pc Daly may have committed gross misconduct.
A file was passed to the CPS and he was charged in with grievous bodily harm in March. This was later changed to ABH and he was cleared at the Old Bailey on Friday.
Neil Orbell, IPCC operations manager, said: “Our investigation also concluded that an independent tribunal could find that Pc Daly had breached standards of professional behaviour during the raid and has directed that a gross misconduct hearing be held.
You may also want to watch:
“The IPCC will be in contact with the Metropolitan Police Service regarding scheduling this hearing.”
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 3 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 10 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City