Firearms officer cleared of Silvertown raid assault
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A firearms officer accused of assaulting a man during a raid in Silvertown has been cleared of causing actual bodily harm.
Pc Adrian Daly was accused of punching a 29-year-old man, who was in handcuffs, in the back and kicked in the ankle in September 2015.
An investigation was launched by the Independent Police Complaints Commission and in September 2016 found Pc Daly may have committed gross misconduct.
A file was passed to the CPS and he was charged in with grievous bodily harm in March. This was later changed to ABH and he was cleared at the Old Bailey on Friday.
Neil Orbell, IPCC operations manager, said: “Our investigation also concluded that an independent tribunal could find that Pc Daly had breached standards of professional behaviour during the raid and has directed that a gross misconduct hearing be held.
You may also want to watch:
“The IPCC will be in contact with the Metropolitan Police Service regarding scheduling this hearing.”
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Update: Girl, 14, missing from East Ham found
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham