Firearms officer cleared of Silvertown raid assault
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A firearms officer accused of assaulting a man during a raid in Silvertown has been cleared of causing actual bodily harm.
Pc Adrian Daly was accused of punching a 29-year-old man, who was in handcuffs, in the back and kicked in the ankle in September 2015.
An investigation was launched by the Independent Police Complaints Commission and in September 2016 found Pc Daly may have committed gross misconduct.
A file was passed to the CPS and he was charged in with grievous bodily harm in March. This was later changed to ABH and he was cleared at the Old Bailey on Friday.
Neil Orbell, IPCC operations manager, said: “Our investigation also concluded that an independent tribunal could find that Pc Daly had breached standards of professional behaviour during the raid and has directed that a gross misconduct hearing be held.
You may also want to watch:
“The IPCC will be in contact with the Metropolitan Police Service regarding scheduling this hearing.”
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19