Fifth man arrest on suspicion of Custom House off-licence murder
- Credit: MPS
Detectives have arrested a fifth man on suspicion of murdering Ahmed Deen-Jah inside an off-licence.
The 18-year-old was arrested yesterday and remains in custody.
It comes as police continue to appeal to anybody who may have been in Freemasons Road, Custom House, shortly before 3.30pm on Sunday, April 2 to come forward.
Det Chief Insp Gary Holmes said: “This was a particularly brutal attack on a young man.
“We are still trying to establish the circumstances behind this incident, and we are continuing to appeal to anybody who was in the Freemasons area at around the time of the attack, or who lives nearby and may have seen or heard something, to come forward and speak to officers or Crimestoppers as soon as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
Ahmed, 21, was pronounced dead at the scene, with a post-mortem giving the cause of death as a stab wound.
Four other people - two men aged 21, one aged 20 and one aged 19 - have been arrested on suspicion of murder and bailed pending further enquiries.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 2 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 5 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 6 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 9 Newham bids farewell in claret and blue as charity founder is laid to rest
- 10 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
Any witnesses or anyone with information should contact the incident room number 020 8345 1570, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.