Fifth arrest over fatal stabbing of teenager Promise Nkenda
- Credit: Archant
A fifth teenager has been arrested over a fatal stabbing in Canning Town on Valentine’s Day.
Lord Promise Nkenda, known as Promise, was pronounced dead in Goldwing Close after police were called to the quiet cul-de-sac at about 8pm.
A post-mortem exam found the 17-year-old died from stab wounds to the chest.
An 18-year-old man was held on suspicion of murder yesterday and bailed pending further enquiries to a date in early April.
Three teenage boys, two aged 17 and the other 14, have been charged with Promise’s murder.
Another 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of murder five days after the stabbing.
He was bailed pending further enquiries and is due to return to police in mid-March.
- 1 60 firefighters deal with Plaistow tower block fire
- 2 Revealed: Cause of Plaistow tower block fire which left 5 men in hospital
- 3 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 4 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 5 Moncur 'overwhelmed' to join Leyton Orient
- 6 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 7 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 8 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 9 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 10 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
Met Police ask anyone with information to contact the Homicide and Major Crime Command incident room on 020 8345 3775 or via 101 quoting reference 8884/14Feb.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.