Fifth arrest over fatal stabbing of teenager Promise Nkenda
- Credit: Archant
A fifth teenager has been arrested over a fatal stabbing in Canning Town on Valentine’s Day.
Lord Promise Nkenda, known as Promise, was pronounced dead in Goldwing Close after police were called to the quiet cul-de-sac at about 8pm.
A post-mortem exam found the 17-year-old died from stab wounds to the chest.
An 18-year-old man was held on suspicion of murder yesterday and bailed pending further enquiries to a date in early April.
Three teenage boys, two aged 17 and the other 14, have been charged with Promise’s murder.
Another 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of murder five days after the stabbing.
He was bailed pending further enquiries and is due to return to police in mid-March.
- 1 Canning Town fire 'involving freezer' prompts safety warnings
- 2 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 3 £1m Newham lottery ticket winner finally claims their jackpot prize
- 4 Newham primary schools top national league tables
- 5 'Strict licensing laws and pandemic to blame for Newham exodus,' letting agent claims
- 6 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 7 O's boss Jackett heaps praise on entire side not just Drinan and Smith
- 8 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 9 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 10 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
Met Police ask anyone with information to contact the Homicide and Major Crime Command incident room on 020 8345 3775 or via 101 quoting reference 8884/14Feb.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.