Fifth arrest over fatal stabbing of teenager Promise Nkenda
- Credit: Archant
A fifth teenager has been arrested over a fatal stabbing in Canning Town on Valentine’s Day.
Lord Promise Nkenda, known as Promise, was pronounced dead in Goldwing Close after police were called to the quiet cul-de-sac at about 8pm.
A post-mortem exam found the 17-year-old died from stab wounds to the chest.
An 18-year-old man was held on suspicion of murder yesterday and bailed pending further enquiries to a date in early April.
Three teenage boys, two aged 17 and the other 14, have been charged with Promise’s murder.
You may also want to watch:
Another 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of murder five days after the stabbing.
He was bailed pending further enquiries and is due to return to police in mid-March.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 5 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 6 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 9 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 10 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
Met Police ask anyone with information to contact the Homicide and Major Crime Command incident room on 020 8345 3775 or via 101 quoting reference 8884/14Feb.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.