Fifth arrest over fatal stabbing of teenager Promise Nkenda
- Credit: Archant
A fifth teenager has been arrested over a fatal stabbing in Canning Town on Valentine’s Day.
Lord Promise Nkenda, known as Promise, was pronounced dead in Goldwing Close after police were called to the quiet cul-de-sac at about 8pm.
A post-mortem exam found the 17-year-old died from stab wounds to the chest.
An 18-year-old man was held on suspicion of murder yesterday and bailed pending further enquiries to a date in early April.
Three teenage boys, two aged 17 and the other 14, have been charged with Promise’s murder.
You may also want to watch:
Another 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of murder five days after the stabbing.
He was bailed pending further enquiries and is due to return to police in mid-March.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 6 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 7 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 8 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
Met Police ask anyone with information to contact the Homicide and Major Crime Command incident room on 020 8345 3775 or via 101 quoting reference 8884/14Feb.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.