Fifth arrest over fatal stabbing of teenager Promise Nkenda
- Credit: Archant
A fifth teenager has been arrested over a fatal stabbing in Canning Town on Valentine’s Day.
Lord Promise Nkenda, known as Promise, was pronounced dead in Goldwing Close after police were called to the quiet cul-de-sac at about 8pm.
A post-mortem exam found the 17-year-old died from stab wounds to the chest.
An 18-year-old man was held on suspicion of murder yesterday and bailed pending further enquiries to a date in early April.
Three teenage boys, two aged 17 and the other 14, have been charged with Promise’s murder.
You may also want to watch:
Another 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of murder five days after the stabbing.
He was bailed pending further enquiries and is due to return to police in mid-March.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 New partnership to provide scholarships for Newham law students
- 6 West Ham boss Moyes wants his side to show they can compete with the big boys
- 7 East Ham MP urges government to keep £20 boost to universal credit
- 8 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 9 David Moyes does not want to be hammered for another striking mistake
- 10 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
Met Police ask anyone with information to contact the Homicide and Major Crime Command incident room on 020 8345 3775 or via 101 quoting reference 8884/14Feb.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.