Chigwell man arrested after fatal stabbing of Stephen Morrisson
- Credit: Archant
A fifth person has been arrested in connection with the death of Plaistow man Stephen Morrisson.
Stephen, 30, died on Tuesday, June 23 after he was stabbed in a car park between the Robin Hood and Wakes Arms roundabouts on Epping New Road.
A warrant was executed in Chigwell this morning (Tuesday, July 7) and a 26-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder.
He remains in police custody.
Detective Chief Inspector Julie Gowen, who is leading the investigation, said: “Our investigation is quickly gathering pace and we are making significant progress with our enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to thank everyone who has got in contact with us so far: your help has been invaluable.
“Five people have now been arrested in connection with Stephen’s death, but we are still asking anyone who has information to come forward and speak to us.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 4 DJ's fundraising bid to help twin return home after months in hospital
- 5 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 6 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 7 Women rescued as flat destroyed in Custom House blaze
- 8 Up to 100 drivers thwarted in crackdown on car meets in Newham
- 9 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 10 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
“No matter how small or insignificant you think your information is, it could be the key to bringing those responsible for Stephen’s death to justice.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Essex Police major crime team through the public reporting site: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/4201020120P45-PO1
Alternatively, call Essex Police on 101 quoting crime reference 1191 of 23 June, or contact independent charity Crimestoppers completely anonymously on 0800 555 111.
• READ MORE: