Fatally stabbed Dean Pascale-Modeste, 21, was former Canning Town pupil
- Credit: Archant
A young man who was stabbed to death days before his 22nd birthday was an ex-school student in Canning Town.
Former Rokeby School pupil Dean Anthony Pascale-Modeste was pronounced dead at the scene after being attacked in Lewisham on Friday.
Police were called shortly before 3.45pm on Friday to reports of a man believed to be in possession of a firearm in Lambscroft Avenue, Mottingham.
On arrival, paramedics were directed to nearby Charlesfield where they gave Dean emergency first aid but were unable to save him.
A post mortem confirmed that the 21-year-old Barking resident, who would have celebrated his birthday on Monday, died from multiple stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
Dean attended Rokeby School in Barking Road, Canning Town for three years, leaving at the end of his Year 9, six years ago.
Since his death, friends and family have rallied round to raise nearly £2,000 towards Dean’s funeral costs.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 3 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 4 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 5 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 6 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 7 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 8 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 9 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 10 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
Cousin Sam Cawdron, who started the crowdfunder, writes: “Dean loved his family [and was] also happy, always smiling, he was loving, caring and loyal to all the people he loved.
“I’m raising money to help take some of the stress from Dean immediate family, Dean was loved by all who knew him so let’s give him a funeral he deserves.”
Four men aged 19, 18, 16 and 20 were arrested close to the scene on suspicion of murder. They were taken to south London police stations and have since been bailed pending further enquiries.
Anyone with information, or who witnessed the assault, is asked to contact detectives on 020 8721 4812 or on 101.
Did you know Dean? Email email@example.com with photos and tributes or call the newsdesk on 0208 477 3789. Visit gofundme.com/3ftqunk to donate towards the funeral.