Fatally stabbed Dean Pascale-Modeste, 21, was former Canning Town pupil
- Credit: Archant
A young man who was stabbed to death days before his 22nd birthday was an ex-school student in Canning Town.
Former Rokeby School pupil Dean Anthony Pascale-Modeste was pronounced dead at the scene after being attacked in Lewisham on Friday.
Police were called shortly before 3.45pm on Friday to reports of a man believed to be in possession of a firearm in Lambscroft Avenue, Mottingham.
On arrival, paramedics were directed to nearby Charlesfield where they gave Dean emergency first aid but were unable to save him.
A post mortem confirmed that the 21-year-old Barking resident, who would have celebrated his birthday on Monday, died from multiple stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
Dean attended Rokeby School in Barking Road, Canning Town for three years, leaving at the end of his Year 9, six years ago.
Since his death, friends and family have rallied round to raise nearly £2,000 towards Dean’s funeral costs.
- 1 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 2 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 3 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 4 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 Newham housing association offers homes to Hackney Council with £10m price tag
- 9 Lockdown in Newham having a 'positive' effect on Covid-19 case rate
- 10 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
Cousin Sam Cawdron, who started the crowdfunder, writes: “Dean loved his family [and was] also happy, always smiling, he was loving, caring and loyal to all the people he loved.
“I’m raising money to help take some of the stress from Dean immediate family, Dean was loved by all who knew him so let’s give him a funeral he deserves.”
Four men aged 19, 18, 16 and 20 were arrested close to the scene on suspicion of murder. They were taken to south London police stations and have since been bailed pending further enquiries.
Anyone with information, or who witnessed the assault, is asked to contact detectives on 020 8721 4812 or on 101.
Did you know Dean? Email email@example.com with photos and tributes or call the newsdesk on 0208 477 3789. Visit gofundme.com/3ftqunk to donate towards the funeral.