Fatally stabbed Dean Pascale-Modeste, 21, was former Canning Town pupil
- Credit: Archant
A young man who was stabbed to death days before his 22nd birthday was an ex-school student in Canning Town.
Former Rokeby School pupil Dean Anthony Pascale-Modeste was pronounced dead at the scene after being attacked in Lewisham on Friday.
Police were called shortly before 3.45pm on Friday to reports of a man believed to be in possession of a firearm in Lambscroft Avenue, Mottingham.
On arrival, paramedics were directed to nearby Charlesfield where they gave Dean emergency first aid but were unable to save him.
A post mortem confirmed that the 21-year-old Barking resident, who would have celebrated his birthday on Monday, died from multiple stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
Dean attended Rokeby School in Barking Road, Canning Town for three years, leaving at the end of his Year 9, six years ago.
Since his death, friends and family have rallied round to raise nearly £2,000 towards Dean’s funeral costs.
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 8 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 9 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 10 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
Cousin Sam Cawdron, who started the crowdfunder, writes: “Dean loved his family [and was] also happy, always smiling, he was loving, caring and loyal to all the people he loved.
“I’m raising money to help take some of the stress from Dean immediate family, Dean was loved by all who knew him so let’s give him a funeral he deserves.”
Four men aged 19, 18, 16 and 20 were arrested close to the scene on suspicion of murder. They were taken to south London police stations and have since been bailed pending further enquiries.
Anyone with information, or who witnessed the assault, is asked to contact detectives on 020 8721 4812 or on 101.
Did you know Dean? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with photos and tributes or call the newsdesk on 0208 477 3789. Visit gofundme.com/3ftqunk to donate towards the funeral.