Family pay tribute to East Ham man discovered dead in caravan
- Credit: Archant
The family of a man found dead in a caravan have paid tribute to their “hard-working” and “humourous” son.
The body of Sam Garcia, 26, from Brookes Avenue, East Ham, was discovered by paramedics at about 4am on Monday after reports that a man was seriously ill inside a caravan off Clock House Road, Little Burstead, Essex.
Sam’s family, who live outside east London, paid tribute to their son in a statement yesterday.
They said: “Samuel Joseph Garcia, beloved son, brother, grandson and friend. A hard-working, humorous, loyal, and loving man. Loved and missed forever.”
Detectives have opened a homicide investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Two men aged 29 and 30, both from Canning Town, a 34-year-old woman from East Ham, and a 69-year-old man from Billericay, Essex, have been questioned at separate police stations in south Essex.
The Bilericay man has now been released without charge and the others been released on bail pending further inquiries.
- 1 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 2 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 3 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show
- 10 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
Anyone with information is urged to contact detectives at Brentwood’s Major Investigation Team on 101 by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.