Man accused of killing East Ham businessman extradited to UK
- Credit: West Midlands Police
A man suspected of shooting dead an East Ham businessman during a warehouse raid in 2016 has failed to appear in court for a preliminary hearing.
Tahir Zarif, who was extradited from Pakistan to Britain last week in connection with the murder of Akhtar Javeed, is being held at HMP Cardiff, Birmingham Crown Court heard.
A short hearing before Judge Kristina Montgomery QC was told special arrangements for 29-year-old Mr Zarif's transfer to court could not be made on Monday, March 2.
Mr Zarif, from Derby, is alleged to have been involved in the fatal shooting of Akhtar Javeed in Digbeth, Birmingham.
Mr Javeed, 56, was tied up and shot at his premises in Rea Street South on February 3, 2016.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Montgomery ordered Mr Zarif to appear via a prison videolink on Tuesday for the court to fix the date of a subsequent plea and trial preparation hearing.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week