Man accused of killing East Ham businessman extradited to UK
- Credit: West Midlands Police
A man suspected of shooting dead an East Ham businessman during a warehouse raid in 2016 has failed to appear in court for a preliminary hearing.
Tahir Zarif, who was extradited from Pakistan to Britain last week in connection with the murder of Akhtar Javeed, is being held at HMP Cardiff, Birmingham Crown Court heard.
A short hearing before Judge Kristina Montgomery QC was told special arrangements for 29-year-old Mr Zarif's transfer to court could not be made on Monday, March 2.
Mr Zarif, from Derby, is alleged to have been involved in the fatal shooting of Akhtar Javeed in Digbeth, Birmingham.
Mr Javeed, 56, was tied up and shot at his premises in Rea Street South on February 3, 2016.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Montgomery ordered Mr Zarif to appear via a prison videolink on Tuesday for the court to fix the date of a subsequent plea and trial preparation hearing.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross