Elderly woman injured after shots fired into East Ham house
- Credit: Archant
An elderly woman was injured after shots were fired through a window in East Ham last night.
Officers were called at around 9.15pm on Thursday to a report of shots fired through a window of a house in the Market Street area.
The woman, aged in her 70s, sustained injuries to her arm and was taken to hospital for treatment but has since been discharged.
Officers from Operation Trident, a specialist intelligence unit set up to tackle gun crime in London, are investigating the incident.
There has been no arrest at this early stage. Enquiries are ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information that may assist the inquiry should call police on 101 or, to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 2 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 5 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 6 Player ratings: Coufal shines as West Ham fall to Everton defeat
- 7 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 8 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 9 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 10 We're down, but not out insists West Ham boss Moyes after Everton loss