Elderly woman injured after shots fired into East Ham house
- Credit: Archant
An elderly woman was injured after shots were fired through a window in East Ham last night.
Officers were called at around 9.15pm on Thursday to a report of shots fired through a window of a house in the Market Street area.
The woman, aged in her 70s, sustained injuries to her arm and was taken to hospital for treatment but has since been discharged.
Officers from Operation Trident, a specialist intelligence unit set up to tackle gun crime in London, are investigating the incident.
There has been no arrest at this early stage. Enquiries are ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information that may assist the inquiry should call police on 101 or, to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 2 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham