Eight people evacuated from Stratford pub after fire
- Credit: London Fire Brigade
Eight people had to be led to safety by firefighters after a blaze tore through a pub in the early hours of this morning.
Several fire crews were called to the scene in Carpenters Road, Stratford, at 2.36am.
The fire had been brought under control by 4.50am.
A smoking hut at the back of the pub was gutted by fire and an extension was also damaged.
There were no reports of injuries and the cause of the fire is under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see what happened? Contact Kat Hopps on 020 8477 3789 or email email@example.com
- 1 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 2 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 3 Restored Victorian warehouse in Stratford to become dance and music hub
- 4 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 5 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 6 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 7 Town hall chief says Newham 'doing everything it can' to ensure polling is 'safe and fair'
- 8 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 9 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 10 Stratford School Academy pupil helps launch fund in memory of Prince Philip