East Ham men charged with terrorism and fraud offences
- Credit: Archant
Two men from East Ham and one from Upton Park are among six appearing at Westminster Magistrates’ Court today charged with terrorism and fraud offences.
Michael Coe, 33, of Central Park Road, was charged with preparation and assisting others in acts of terrorism, support of a proscribed organisation and conspiracy to possess false identity documents.
Simon Keeler, 43, of Solander Gardens, Shadwell, and Anthony Small, 33, of Southend Lane, Sydenham, were also charged with the same offences.
In addition, Zagum Perviaz, 35, of Frinton Road and Hamzah Safdar, 24, of Cecil Road, were charged with conspiring to possess and produce false identity documents.
Abdulraouf Eshati, 28, of no fixed address, was charged with possession of articles in relation to the commission, preparation and instigation of acts of terrorism as well as offences under the Immigration Act 1971.
You may also want to watch:
All six men were charged following arrests by Counter Terrorism Command officers on November 30 and December 1 and 4.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross