East Ham men charged with terrorism and fraud offences
- Credit: Archant
Two men from East Ham and one from Upton Park are among six appearing at Westminster Magistrates’ Court today charged with terrorism and fraud offences.
Michael Coe, 33, of Central Park Road, was charged with preparation and assisting others in acts of terrorism, support of a proscribed organisation and conspiracy to possess false identity documents.
Simon Keeler, 43, of Solander Gardens, Shadwell, and Anthony Small, 33, of Southend Lane, Sydenham, were also charged with the same offences.
In addition, Zagum Perviaz, 35, of Frinton Road and Hamzah Safdar, 24, of Cecil Road, were charged with conspiring to possess and produce false identity documents.
Abdulraouf Eshati, 28, of no fixed address, was charged with possession of articles in relation to the commission, preparation and instigation of acts of terrorism as well as offences under the Immigration Act 1971.
You may also want to watch:
All six men were charged following arrests by Counter Terrorism Command officers on November 30 and December 1 and 4.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week