East Ham man smashed police van window with his head
- Credit: @MPSNewham
A man who tried to escape a police van by smashing a window with his head has been fined.
Bogdan Georgescu, of Milton Avenue, East Ham, admitted criminal damage when he appeared at Stratford Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, August 19.
The court heard how on the previous day, Tuesday, August 18, police were conducting enquiries at a multi-occupancy house.
The 36-year-old was found to be wanted for questioning by the Home Office’s immigration enforcement team.
He was subsequently arrested and placed in the back of a police vehicle, but he attempted to escape by breaking the window with his head.
You may also want to watch:
He was restrained by officers and taken to an east London police station where he was charged with criminal damage.
Georgescu was ordered to pay a £250 fine, £85 costs and £200 in compensation.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 4 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 9 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 10 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR