East Ham man smashed police van window with his head
- Credit: @MPSNewham
A man who tried to escape a police van by smashing a window with his head has been fined.
Bogdan Georgescu, of Milton Avenue, East Ham, admitted criminal damage when he appeared at Stratford Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, August 19.
The court heard how on the previous day, Tuesday, August 18, police were conducting enquiries at a multi-occupancy house.
The 36-year-old was found to be wanted for questioning by the Home Office’s immigration enforcement team.
He was subsequently arrested and placed in the back of a police vehicle, but he attempted to escape by breaking the window with his head.
You may also want to watch:
He was restrained by officers and taken to an east London police station where he was charged with criminal damage.
Georgescu was ordered to pay a £250 fine, £85 costs and £200 in compensation.
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 6 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 7 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 8 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford