East Ham man smashed police van window with his head
- Credit: @MPSNewham
A man who tried to escape a police van by smashing a window with his head has been fined.
Bogdan Georgescu, of Milton Avenue, East Ham, admitted criminal damage when he appeared at Stratford Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, August 19.
The court heard how on the previous day, Tuesday, August 18, police were conducting enquiries at a multi-occupancy house.
The 36-year-old was found to be wanted for questioning by the Home Office’s immigration enforcement team.
He was subsequently arrested and placed in the back of a police vehicle, but he attempted to escape by breaking the window with his head.
You may also want to watch:
He was restrained by officers and taken to an east London police station where he was charged with criminal damage.
Georgescu was ordered to pay a £250 fine, £85 costs and £200 in compensation.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 6 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 7 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 8 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 9 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 10 Plans for industrial hub, shipyard and homes on Albert Island approved