East Ham man smashed police van window with his head
- Credit: @MPSNewham
A man who tried to escape a police van by smashing a window with his head has been fined.
Bogdan Georgescu, of Milton Avenue, East Ham, admitted criminal damage when he appeared at Stratford Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, August 19.
The court heard how on the previous day, Tuesday, August 18, police were conducting enquiries at a multi-occupancy house.
The 36-year-old was found to be wanted for questioning by the Home Office’s immigration enforcement team.
He was subsequently arrested and placed in the back of a police vehicle, but he attempted to escape by breaking the window with his head.
He was restrained by officers and taken to an east London police station where he was charged with criminal damage.
Georgescu was ordered to pay a £250 fine, £85 costs and £200 in compensation.
- 1 Newham primary schools top national league tables
- 2 Canning Town fire 'involving freezer' prompts safety warnings
- 3 'Strict licensing laws and pandemic to blame for Newham exodus,' letting agent claims
- 4 £1m Newham lottery ticket winner finally claims their jackpot prize
- 5 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 6 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 7 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 8 O's boss Jackett heaps praise on entire side not just Drinan and Smith
- 9 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 10 Report: 'Significant improvement' in Newham's parks