East Ham man cleared of plot to join ISIS in Syria
- Credit: MPS
An East Ham man has been found not guilty of planning to travel to Syria to engage in terrorist acts.
Michael Coe, 34, of Central Park Road, was cleared of engaging in conduct in preparation of terrorist acts, on Tuesday, following a five week trial at the Old Bailey.
Simon Keeler, 44, of Solander Gardens, Shadwell, and former boxing champion, Anthony Small, 34, of Southend Lane, Sydenham, were also found not guilty.
However, Coe and Keeler had both previously pleaded guilty to possessing false identity documents with improper intention.
They were both arrested after being found with false documents in the back of lorry at the port of Dover in November.
In addition, two other men, Hamzar Safdar, 25 of Cecil Road, Plaistow, and Zagum Perviaz, 40, of Frinton Road, East Ham, pleaded guilty to conspiring to possess and produce false identity documents in January.
A date for sentencing has not yet been set.
- 1 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 2 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 3 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 6 Covid-19: How the situation in Newham compares to this time last year
- 7 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 10 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home