East Ham man cleared of plot to join ISIS in Syria
- Credit: MPS
An East Ham man has been found not guilty of planning to travel to Syria to engage in terrorist acts.
Michael Coe, 34, of Central Park Road, was cleared of engaging in conduct in preparation of terrorist acts, on Tuesday, following a five week trial at the Old Bailey.
Simon Keeler, 44, of Solander Gardens, Shadwell, and former boxing champion, Anthony Small, 34, of Southend Lane, Sydenham, were also found not guilty.
However, Coe and Keeler had both previously pleaded guilty to possessing false identity documents with improper intention.
They were both arrested after being found with false documents in the back of lorry at the port of Dover in November.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, two other men, Hamzar Safdar, 25 of Cecil Road, Plaistow, and Zagum Perviaz, 40, of Frinton Road, East Ham, pleaded guilty to conspiring to possess and produce false identity documents in January.
A date for sentencing has not yet been set.
- 1 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 2 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 3 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation