East Ham man cleared of plot to join ISIS in Syria
- Credit: MPS
An East Ham man has been found not guilty of planning to travel to Syria to engage in terrorist acts.
Michael Coe, 34, of Central Park Road, was cleared of engaging in conduct in preparation of terrorist acts, on Tuesday, following a five week trial at the Old Bailey.
Simon Keeler, 44, of Solander Gardens, Shadwell, and former boxing champion, Anthony Small, 34, of Southend Lane, Sydenham, were also found not guilty.
However, Coe and Keeler had both previously pleaded guilty to possessing false identity documents with improper intention.
They were both arrested after being found with false documents in the back of lorry at the port of Dover in November.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, two other men, Hamzar Safdar, 25 of Cecil Road, Plaistow, and Zagum Perviaz, 40, of Frinton Road, East Ham, pleaded guilty to conspiring to possess and produce false identity documents in January.
A date for sentencing has not yet been set.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 3 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 4 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 6 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 9 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 10 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding