East Ham man cleared of plot to join ISIS in Syria
- Credit: MPS
An East Ham man has been found not guilty of planning to travel to Syria to engage in terrorist acts.
Michael Coe, 34, of Central Park Road, was cleared of engaging in conduct in preparation of terrorist acts, on Tuesday, following a five week trial at the Old Bailey.
Simon Keeler, 44, of Solander Gardens, Shadwell, and former boxing champion, Anthony Small, 34, of Southend Lane, Sydenham, were also found not guilty.
However, Coe and Keeler had both previously pleaded guilty to possessing false identity documents with improper intention.
They were both arrested after being found with false documents in the back of lorry at the port of Dover in November.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, two other men, Hamzar Safdar, 25 of Cecil Road, Plaistow, and Zagum Perviaz, 40, of Frinton Road, East Ham, pleaded guilty to conspiring to possess and produce false identity documents in January.
A date for sentencing has not yet been set.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 6 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 7 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 8 New partnership to provide scholarships for Newham law students
- 9 West Ham boss Moyes wants his side to show they can compete with the big boys
- 10 East Ham MP urges government to keep £20 boost to universal credit