East Ham man charged over gang stab death
Two men – one from East Ham – accused of stabbing a teenager to death in a gang attack outside a nightclub were remanded in custody when they appeared at the Old Bailey.
Joel Asare-Minta, 21, of Park Avenue, East Ham, and Diphy Menga, 23, along with a 17-year-old who cannot be named, are said to have been part of a group that knifed 17-year-old Kelvin Chibueze outside the Artifex Club in Ilford.
A total of eight people are now facing charges of murder and violent disorder in relation to the killing on August 15.
Asare-Minta and Menga, who are currently in Pentonville Prison, and the 17-year-old, who is in Feltham young offenders institute, appeared via videolink for a brief hearing.
No applications for bail were made and Asare-Minta, Menga, of Ilford, and the 17-year-old, from Dagenham, were remanded in custody.
You may also want to watch:
They will return to court on April 20 for a plea and case management hearing alongside Dale Williams, 20, Lerone Boye, 24, Ibrahim Zakari, 20, Kongolo Kongola, and Roger Damali, both 30.
A provisional trial date has been scheduled for September 2.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 9 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses