East Ham man charged over gang stab death
Two men – one from East Ham – accused of stabbing a teenager to death in a gang attack outside a nightclub were remanded in custody when they appeared at the Old Bailey.
Joel Asare-Minta, 21, of Park Avenue, East Ham, and Diphy Menga, 23, along with a 17-year-old who cannot be named, are said to have been part of a group that knifed 17-year-old Kelvin Chibueze outside the Artifex Club in Ilford.
A total of eight people are now facing charges of murder and violent disorder in relation to the killing on August 15.
Asare-Minta and Menga, who are currently in Pentonville Prison, and the 17-year-old, who is in Feltham young offenders institute, appeared via videolink for a brief hearing.
No applications for bail were made and Asare-Minta, Menga, of Ilford, and the 17-year-old, from Dagenham, were remanded in custody.
You may also want to watch:
They will return to court on April 20 for a plea and case management hearing alongside Dale Williams, 20, Lerone Boye, 24, Ibrahim Zakari, 20, Kongolo Kongola, and Roger Damali, both 30.
A provisional trial date has been scheduled for September 2.
- 1 Jailed: Drug dealer who crashed into cab leaving passengers critically injured
- 2 Detectives release images after robbery in East Ham
- 3 'Severe maladministration' by Newham Council in housing complaint handling
- 4 Jailed: Manor Park man guilty of drug offences, but not machete murder
- 5 Man in hospital after fire at disused Forest Gate church
- 6 Blades, £25k and Class A drugs seized by police after car stop in Plaistow
- 7 £3m centre to reduce young adult reoffending to be set up in Stratford
- 8 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 9 World Book Day: Notorious football fan 'Mr West Ham' sets record straight
- 10 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff feels he knows already what makes the squad tick