East Ham man charged over gang stab death
Two men – one from East Ham – accused of stabbing a teenager to death in a gang attack outside a nightclub were remanded in custody when they appeared at the Old Bailey.
Joel Asare-Minta, 21, of Park Avenue, East Ham, and Diphy Menga, 23, along with a 17-year-old who cannot be named, are said to have been part of a group that knifed 17-year-old Kelvin Chibueze outside the Artifex Club in Ilford.
A total of eight people are now facing charges of murder and violent disorder in relation to the killing on August 15.
Asare-Minta and Menga, who are currently in Pentonville Prison, and the 17-year-old, who is in Feltham young offenders institute, appeared via videolink for a brief hearing.
No applications for bail were made and Asare-Minta, Menga, of Ilford, and the 17-year-old, from Dagenham, were remanded in custody.
You may also want to watch:
They will return to court on April 20 for a plea and case management hearing alongside Dale Williams, 20, Lerone Boye, 24, Ibrahim Zakari, 20, Kongolo Kongola, and Roger Damali, both 30.
A provisional trial date has been scheduled for September 2.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 6 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 7 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 8 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 9 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 10 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks