East Ham man charged after ‘acid attack’ in Dalston
- Credit: Archant
An East Ham man and two others have been charged over an alleged ‘acid attack’ in Dalston.
Turgut Adakan, 22, of Newham, was arrested and charged with grievous bodily harm and violent disorder on May 10 alongside Mehmet Tekagac, 29, and 26-year-old Onur Ardic, both of Hackney.
They appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Saturday and were remanded to appear at Wood Green Crown Court on a date to be confirmed.
A fourth man — Serkan Kiziltan, 21, of Hackney — appeared before Thames Magistrates’ last on similar charges. He was remanded to appear at Wood Green on Wednesday, June 6.
A 17-year-boy and two men, aged 22 and 27, suffered “life-changing” injuries after being attacked with a “noxious substance” in Shacklewell Lane over the May bank holiday weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives ask anyone with information to call 101 quoting reference Cad 1590/6May or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 8 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
- 9 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking