East Ham drug dealer jailed for two years
- Credit: Essex Police
A drug dealer who had heroin concealed in a cigarette lighter has been jailed for two years.
Basildon Crown Court heard heard how Asher Robinson, 19, and a 17-year-old were arrested after police executed a warrant at a flat in Ravenscourt Drive, Vange, Essex, on December 1, 2015.
As officers entered, 83 wraps of heroin and crack cocaine were thrown from a window, and during a search a jacket containing £180 in cash was found.
Robinson, of Sherrard Road, East Ham, admitted two counts of being concerned in the supply of Class A drugs and was jailed on Monday, June 26.
The teenager was also arrested but later released without charge.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Dan Onley said: “Drug dealers like Robinson are the scourge of our communities.
“We are constantly proactively seeking them out to put an end to their drug dealing careers and, like Robinson, put them behind bars.”
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 92 arrests as police respond to community concerns about crime
- 5 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 6 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 7 Stephen Timms 'cannot forgive attacker without meeting face-to-face'
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Newham to 'bring back the broom' as recycling gets boost
- 10 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches