East Ham drug dealer caught with wraps and cash in his pockets is jailed
- Credit: Essex Police
A dealer caught with up to £1,000 worth of drugs on him has been jailed for four and a half years.
Ifetade Ladipo, of Johnston Road, East Ham, was stopped in Colchester on July 9 last year after police received information his Mercedes A Class was connected to the supply of class A drugs.
He was taken into custody where he was found to have nearly £600 in cash in his pockets.
Officers also found 39 wraps of cocaine and another 20 with heroin, believed to have a street value of between £600 and £1,000.
The 34-year-old denied the charges of two counts of possession of class A drugs with intent to supply and possession of criminal property but was found guilty on Friday following a trial at Ipswich Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
He was sentenced the same day to four-and-a-half years for each drugs charge and three months for the possession of criminal property, all to run concurrently.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 8 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Half of people in Newham may have had Covid-19, analysis reveals