East Ham drug dealer caught with wraps and cash in his pockets is jailed
- Credit: Essex Police
A dealer caught with up to £1,000 worth of drugs on him has been jailed for four and a half years.
Ifetade Ladipo, of Johnston Road, East Ham, was stopped in Colchester on July 9 last year after police received information his Mercedes A Class was connected to the supply of class A drugs.
He was taken into custody where he was found to have nearly £600 in cash in his pockets.
Officers also found 39 wraps of cocaine and another 20 with heroin, believed to have a street value of between £600 and £1,000.
The 34-year-old denied the charges of two counts of possession of class A drugs with intent to supply and possession of criminal property but was found guilty on Friday following a trial at Ipswich Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
He was sentenced the same day to four-and-a-half years for each drugs charge and three months for the possession of criminal property, all to run concurrently.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work