East Ham drug dealer caught with wraps and cash in his pockets is jailed
- Credit: Essex Police
A dealer caught with up to £1,000 worth of drugs on him has been jailed for four and a half years.
Ifetade Ladipo, of Johnston Road, East Ham, was stopped in Colchester on July 9 last year after police received information his Mercedes A Class was connected to the supply of class A drugs.
He was taken into custody where he was found to have nearly £600 in cash in his pockets.
Officers also found 39 wraps of cocaine and another 20 with heroin, believed to have a street value of between £600 and £1,000.
The 34-year-old denied the charges of two counts of possession of class A drugs with intent to supply and possession of criminal property but was found guilty on Friday following a trial at Ipswich Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
He was sentenced the same day to four-and-a-half years for each drugs charge and three months for the possession of criminal property, all to run concurrently.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19