East Ham child abuser jailed for 10 years
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A man who forced two children to perform sexual acts on him has been jailed for 10 years.
Vasile Cot, 49, of no fixed address, offered his victims presents and up to £100 in cash at their home in East Ham. When they refused, he filmed a fake confession of them saying they had sex with each other before threatening to tell their parents, teachers and friends.
The terrified youngsters were so frightened they did their best to meet Cot’s demands, but eventually admitted to him that they did not really know what sex was.
He showed extreme pornography to the children while abusing them from May to October last year, until the boy’s father found footage of the naked children on a mobile phone.
Claire Harden, prosecuting, said: “The boy said on the preceeding evening the defendant had showed him how to do this kind of activity, and that he had told him to show the young girl.
You may also want to watch:
“The girl said the defendant had called on her while she was at school and told her to allow the boy to do this.”
She said Cot initially denied involvement, blaming the children.
- 1 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Elections: London mayor and Assembly member, East Ham cllr and referendum
He fled home to Romania but was extradited to the UK to face charges.
Cot pleaded guilty to six counts of inciting a child to engage in sexual activity, two counts of inciting child pornography and one count of sexual assault of a child under 13 on Tuesday last week.
John Dye, representing Cot, noted that his client entered guilty pleas at the earliest available opportunity and was of “previous good character”.
Judge Neil Sanders told Cot: “You began to groom both the two young children to commit a variety of sexual acts.
“To maintain their silence, and to continue these activities, you made threats.
“It’s almost inevitable that there will be long-term psychological damage to both victims in the future.”