Duo to be sentenced for murdering Newham teenager Nico Ramsay
- Credit: Essex Police
Two men convicted of murdering a teenager will be sentenced later today.
Nico Ramsay, 19, of Eastern Road in Plaistow, was stabbed to death in Southend in February.
Nathan Sylvester, a labourer from Perth Road, Plaistow and unemployed Troy Lewis, 21, of Odessa Road in Forest Gate, were found guilty of murdering Mr Ramsay on Friday following a month-long trial at Chelmsford Crown Court.
Sylvester was also convicted of two counts of possession of class A drugs with intent to supply.
Mr Ramsay was stabbed in the chest in Napier Avenue, in Southend, on February 13 and died in hospital on February 17.
According to witness accounts and CCTV footage, three men chased Mr Ramsay before bringing him to the ground.
One man, still outstanding, then stabbed him once in the chest before Mr Ramsay was dragged along the ground by Sylvester and kicked by Lewis.
- 1 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 2 Canning Town fire 'involving freezer' prompts safety warnings
- 3 £1m Newham lottery ticket winner finally claims their jackpot prize
- 4 Newham primary schools top national league tables
- 5 'Strict licensing laws and pandemic to blame for Newham exodus,' letting agent claims
- 6 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 7 O's boss Jackett heaps praise on entire side not just Drinan and Smith
- 8 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 9 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 10 Defender Adam Thompson returning is a massive boost for Leyton Orient
Mr Ramsay was left dying in the street while the trio got into a taxi and fled.
Lewis and Sylvester were soon caught and arrested, with Sylvester carrying a bag containing a top covered in Mr Ramsay’s blood.
The duo were initially charged with grievous bodily harm, but this was changed to murder when Mr Ramsay died from his wounds.
Both Lewis and Sylvester denied murder.
They will be sentenced at Chelmsford Crown Court.