Duo due in court charged with Stratford minicab murder
- Credit: Archant
A man and a woman from Barking are due in court this morning charged with murdering a minicab controller in Stratford.
Nargis Riaz, 21, and 23-year-old Gulam Choudhury are charged with murdering Mohammed Yasser Afzal on March 24.
They are set to appear for a plea and case management hearing at the Old Bailey today.
Riaz, of Fanshawe Avenue, Barking, denied the charge at a hearing on September 15 while Choudhury, of Heenan Close, Barking, is yet to enter a plea.
Mr Afzal, 22, was working at E20 Cars in Stratford Broadway when he was stabbed in the neck.
You may also want to watch:
He died in hospital later that evening.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 6 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 7 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 8 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of murder after man fatally stabbed
- 10 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks