Duo due in court charged with Stratford minicab murder
- Credit: Archant
A man and a woman from Barking are due in court this morning charged with murdering a minicab controller in Stratford.
Nargis Riaz, 21, and 23-year-old Gulam Choudhury are charged with murdering Mohammed Yasser Afzal on March 24.
They are set to appear for a plea and case management hearing at the Old Bailey today.
Riaz, of Fanshawe Avenue, Barking, denied the charge at a hearing on September 15 while Choudhury, of Heenan Close, Barking, is yet to enter a plea.
Mr Afzal, 22, was working at E20 Cars in Stratford Broadway when he was stabbed in the neck.
You may also want to watch:
He died in hospital later that evening.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 6 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 7 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford