Duo due in court charged with Stratford minicab murder
- Credit: Archant
A man and a woman from Barking are due in court this morning charged with murdering a minicab controller in Stratford.
Nargis Riaz, 21, and 23-year-old Gulam Choudhury are charged with murdering Mohammed Yasser Afzal on March 24.
They are set to appear for a plea and case management hearing at the Old Bailey today.
Riaz, of Fanshawe Avenue, Barking, denied the charge at a hearing on September 15 while Choudhury, of Heenan Close, Barking, is yet to enter a plea.
Mr Afzal, 22, was working at E20 Cars in Stratford Broadway when he was stabbed in the neck.
You may also want to watch:
He died in hospital later that evening.
- 1 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 2 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 3 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 4 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 5 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 6 East Ham money laundering suspect arrested in people smuggling probe
- 7 Council loses court action against Barclays Bank
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton on the six game winless run
- 9 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
- 10 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery