Drug smuggling charge for Custom House man
- Credit: Archant
A Custom House man has been charged with attempting to smuggle £1million worth of cocaine into the country.
Valentine Aniagoh, of Hoskins Road, was stopped at Heathrow Airport after arriving on a flight from Lagos, Nigeria on Sunday, January 25.
Border Force officers seized 20kg of drugs following a luggage search and arrested the 49-year-old.
The cocaine is currently being tested for purity but is estimated to have a street value of more than £1m.
Aniagoh appeared at Uxbridge Magistrates’ Court the following day charged with attempting to import a class A drug.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in custody until his next appearance at Isleworth Crown Court on February 12.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show