Drug smuggling charge for Custom House man
- Credit: Archant
A Custom House man has been charged with attempting to smuggle £1million worth of cocaine into the country.
Valentine Aniagoh, of Hoskins Road, was stopped at Heathrow Airport after arriving on a flight from Lagos, Nigeria on Sunday, January 25.
Border Force officers seized 20kg of drugs following a luggage search and arrested the 49-year-old.
The cocaine is currently being tested for purity but is estimated to have a street value of more than £1m.
Aniagoh appeared at Uxbridge Magistrates’ Court the following day charged with attempting to import a class A drug.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in custody until his next appearance at Isleworth Crown Court on February 12.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 9 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp