Drug smuggling charge for Custom House man
- Credit: Archant
A Custom House man has been charged with attempting to smuggle £1million worth of cocaine into the country.
Valentine Aniagoh, of Hoskins Road, was stopped at Heathrow Airport after arriving on a flight from Lagos, Nigeria on Sunday, January 25.
Border Force officers seized 20kg of drugs following a luggage search and arrested the 49-year-old.
The cocaine is currently being tested for purity but is estimated to have a street value of more than £1m.
Aniagoh appeared at Uxbridge Magistrates’ Court the following day charged with attempting to import a class A drug.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in custody until his next appearance at Isleworth Crown Court on February 12.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 3 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 4 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 10 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford