Drug smuggling charge for Custom House man
- Credit: Archant
A Custom House man has been charged with attempting to smuggle £1million worth of cocaine into the country.
Valentine Aniagoh, of Hoskins Road, was stopped at Heathrow Airport after arriving on a flight from Lagos, Nigeria on Sunday, January 25.
Border Force officers seized 20kg of drugs following a luggage search and arrested the 49-year-old.
The cocaine is currently being tested for purity but is estimated to have a street value of more than £1m.
Aniagoh appeared at Uxbridge Magistrates’ Court the following day charged with attempting to import a class A drug.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in custody until his next appearance at Isleworth Crown Court on February 12.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines