Jailed: East Ham drug dealer found with cocaine during Barking car stop
- Credit: Essex Police
An East Ham drug dealer found with cocaine on him when his car was stopped in Barking has been jailed for four years.
Besjan Mustafaj, 26, was stopped on the A124 by officers investigating six deaths which were believed to be linked to Class A drugs.
The investigation later found there was no clear, significant evidence to link those who died.
When he was stopped Mustafaj, of Ashford Road, was found to have a bag of white powder which was later tested and confirmed to be cocaine.
A number of mobile phones were also found within the cae and when officers carried out a search of an address linked to Mustafaj, they found more than £1,300 in cash and suspected Class A drugs.
You may also want to watch:
He appeared at Basildon Magistrates’ Court on March 6 where he admitted one charge of possession with intent to supply Class A Drugs and one charge of being concerned in the supply of Class A drugs.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 Update: Girl, 14, missing from East Ham found