Jailed: East Ham drug dealer found with cocaine during Barking car stop
- Credit: Essex Police
An East Ham drug dealer found with cocaine on him when his car was stopped in Barking has been jailed for four years.
Besjan Mustafaj, 26, was stopped on the A124 by officers investigating six deaths which were believed to be linked to Class A drugs.
The investigation later found there was no clear, significant evidence to link those who died.
When he was stopped Mustafaj, of Ashford Road, was found to have a bag of white powder which was later tested and confirmed to be cocaine.
A number of mobile phones were also found within the cae and when officers carried out a search of an address linked to Mustafaj, they found more than £1,300 in cash and suspected Class A drugs.
You may also want to watch:
He appeared at Basildon Magistrates’ Court on March 6 where he admitted one charge of possession with intent to supply Class A Drugs and one charge of being concerned in the supply of Class A drugs.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes believes they have plenty more to come after Palace victory
- 6 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money