Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Police are trying to locate a man who drove the wrong way through the Blackwall Tunnel.
Johal Rathour is wanted in connection with vehicle theft, dangerous driving and failing to stop for police after driving the wrong way down the 1.35km tunnel between Tower Hamlets and Greenwich shortly after 4am on Friday, August 6.
The 18-year-old has links to Newham, Romford, Grays and Erith (Kent).
He is described as an Asian man, 5ft 8ins tall, with black curly hair and a beard. He has a distinctive horizontal scar between his eyebrows and a hand tattoo that reads ‘Mum’.
Anyone who has information concerning the whereabouts of Johal Rathour should call police on 101 or Tweet @MetCC quoting reference CAD 7580/09OCT.
To remain 100% anonymous call the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 2 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 3 Alexandra Burke: Stratford Christmas concert cancelled over 'safety fears'
- 4 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 5 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 6 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 7 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 8 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 9 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 10 Newham residents urged to shop local on Small Business Saturday