Drive-by shooting in Forest Gate puts five victims in hospital
- Credit: Google Maps/Streetview
Five people were injured in a drive-by shooting on Good Friday afternoon.
Emergency services were called after shots were fired in the area of Magpie Close, Forest Gate, shortly before 2pm. London’s Air Ambulance also attended the scene.
All five victims were taken to hospital with one in a serious condition, but not believed to be life-threatening. The other four are said to be “less seriously injured”, according to police.
The Met said: “At this early stage, officers believe shots were fired from a vehicle.”
There has been no arrest. Trident officers are investigating and attempting to establish a motive, including whether the incident is gang related.
Anyone with information should call Trident officers on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 2 Canning Town fire 'involving freezer' prompts safety warnings
- 3 £1m Newham lottery ticket winner finally claims their jackpot prize
- 4 Newham primary schools top national league tables
- 5 'Strict licensing laws and pandemic to blame for Newham exodus,' letting agent claims
- 6 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 7 O's boss Jackett heaps praise on entire side not just Drinan and Smith
- 8 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 9 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 10 Defender Adam Thompson returning is a massive boost for Leyton Orient