Drive-by shooting in Forest Gate puts five victims in hospital
- Credit: Google Maps/Streetview
Five people were injured in a drive-by shooting on Good Friday afternoon.
Emergency services were called after shots were fired in the area of Magpie Close, Forest Gate, shortly before 2pm. London’s Air Ambulance also attended the scene.
All five victims were taken to hospital with one in a serious condition, but not believed to be life-threatening. The other four are said to be “less seriously injured”, according to police.
The Met said: “At this early stage, officers believe shots were fired from a vehicle.”
There has been no arrest. Trident officers are investigating and attempting to establish a motive, including whether the incident is gang related.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Trident officers on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Things to do in east London this weekend (August 7-8)
- 2 Man, 19, arrested in Newham during proactive police patrol
- 3 Junior Jah: Police release image of stolen car used in Custom House fatal attack
- 4 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 5 Cannabis factory discovered by firefighters tackling blaze in Upton Park
- 6 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 7 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Excess death rates in Newham among highest in England and Wales, figures show
- 10 'Beautiful' meadow blossoms at Wanstead Flats a year after Covid-19 mortuary removed