Drive-by shooting in Forest Gate puts five victims in hospital
- Credit: Google Maps/Streetview
Five people were injured in a drive-by shooting on Good Friday afternoon.
Emergency services were called after shots were fired in the area of Magpie Close, Forest Gate, shortly before 2pm. London’s Air Ambulance also attended the scene.
All five victims were taken to hospital with one in a serious condition, but not believed to be life-threatening. The other four are said to be “less seriously injured”, according to police.
The Met said: “At this early stage, officers believe shots were fired from a vehicle.”
There has been no arrest. Trident officers are investigating and attempting to establish a motive, including whether the incident is gang related.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Trident officers on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving