Drive-by shooting in Forest Gate puts five victims in hospital
- Credit: Google Maps/Streetview
Five people were injured in a drive-by shooting on Good Friday afternoon.
Emergency services were called after shots were fired in the area of Magpie Close, Forest Gate, shortly before 2pm. London’s Air Ambulance also attended the scene.
All five victims were taken to hospital with one in a serious condition, but not believed to be life-threatening. The other four are said to be “less seriously injured”, according to police.
The Met said: “At this early stage, officers believe shots were fired from a vehicle.”
There has been no arrest. Trident officers are investigating and attempting to establish a motive, including whether the incident is gang related.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Trident officers on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 4 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 8 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing