Double stabbing leaves one dead in Forest Gate
A young man has died while another is in hospital with stab wounds following reports of a fight this afternoon.
Police officers, the London Ambulance Service, and London’s Air Ambulance were called to Sandringham Road, Forest Gate, at around 2pm where they found a 17-year-old dead at the scene.
The second victim was taken to an east London hospital as a priority where he remains in a stable condition.
Next of kin have been informed and a post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
A man in his early 20s has been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm with intent and he is currently being held in custody at an east London police station.
The Homicide and Serious Crime Command has been informed and investigations continue.
- 1 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 2 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 3 New online information resource set up for Newham families
- 4 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 5 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 6 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 7 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 8 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 9 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 10 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'