Double stabbing leaves one dead in Forest Gate
A young man has died while another is in hospital with stab wounds following reports of a fight this afternoon.
Police officers, the London Ambulance Service, and London’s Air Ambulance were called to Sandringham Road, Forest Gate, at around 2pm where they found a 17-year-old dead at the scene.
The second victim was taken to an east London hospital as a priority where he remains in a stable condition.
Next of kin have been informed and a post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
A man in his early 20s has been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm with intent and he is currently being held in custody at an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
The Homicide and Serious Crime Command has been informed and investigations continue.
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 6 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 7 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 8 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford