Double stabbing leaves one dead in Forest Gate
A young man has died while another is in hospital with stab wounds following reports of a fight this afternoon.
Police officers, the London Ambulance Service, and London’s Air Ambulance were called to Sandringham Road, Forest Gate, at around 2pm where they found a 17-year-old dead at the scene.
The second victim was taken to an east London hospital as a priority where he remains in a stable condition.
Next of kin have been informed and a post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
A man in his early 20s has been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm with intent and he is currently being held in custody at an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
The Homicide and Serious Crime Command has been informed and investigations continue.
- 1 Fire breaks out at Beckton superstore
- 2 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 3 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 4 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 5 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 6 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 7 Front-runners for Leyton Orient vacancy after Ross Embleton departure
- 8 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 9 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 10 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences