Detectives probe sex attack in East Ham park
- Credit: Archant
Police have stepped up patrols after a woman was raped in a park in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Detectives from the MPS Sapphire Command are investigating an allegation of rape which is alleged to have occurred between 5.30am and 6.15am on April 28 in Barking Road Recreational ground.
Police were called shortly after the incident occurred and arrived at the scene.
The victim, a 20-year-old female, is receiving specialist support from police. There have been no arrests as yet and enquiries are continuing.
Detective Inspector Jacqueline Richmond from the Sapphire Command said: “I would appeal to anyone who was in this area at this time to contact us. All calls will be treated in confidence.”
“Incidents of this kind are rare in London but we remind people to be aware of their personal safety and their surroundings, particularly if they are alone. Extra police patrols will continue to take place in this area.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact DS Annabelle Hardy of the Met Sapphire Command, North East Office on 0208 217 7474. They can also call Crime stoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Strict licensing laws and pandemic to blame for Newham exodus,' letting agent claims
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 4 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Play gives young people insight on violence against women
- 7 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 8 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 Harry Smith and Aaron Drinan forming a strong partnership for Leyton Orient