Detectives probe sex attack in East Ham park
- Credit: Archant
Police have stepped up patrols after a woman was raped in a park in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Detectives from the MPS Sapphire Command are investigating an allegation of rape which is alleged to have occurred between 5.30am and 6.15am on April 28 in Barking Road Recreational ground.
Police were called shortly after the incident occurred and arrived at the scene.
The victim, a 20-year-old female, is receiving specialist support from police. There have been no arrests as yet and enquiries are continuing.
Detective Inspector Jacqueline Richmond from the Sapphire Command said: “I would appeal to anyone who was in this area at this time to contact us. All calls will be treated in confidence.”
You may also want to watch:
“Incidents of this kind are rare in London but we remind people to be aware of their personal safety and their surroundings, particularly if they are alone. Extra police patrols will continue to take place in this area.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact DS Annabelle Hardy of the Met Sapphire Command, North East Office on 0208 217 7474. They can also call Crime stoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 3 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 4 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 5 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 6 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 7 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 8 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020