Detectives investigate following another stabbing in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have launched an investigation after a 25-year-old man was stabbed in Stratford this afternoon.
Officers were called to Broadway at 2pm to reports of a man being stabbed.
The 25-year-old victim was taken to an east London hospital, suffering from stab wounds and is believed to have a punctured lung.
It is understood the incident involved two men who were known to each other and an argument escalated into violence.
Police are waiting for an update on his condition and the Stratford Shopping Centre’s East Mall has been closed off to shoppers.
You may also want to watch:
A number of shops including McDonalds and KFC on Broadway were asked to leave while forensic teams gathered evidence and the incident has caused traffic congestion and buses to be diverted in the area.
Anyone with information that may assist the investigation should call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 4 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 5 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 10 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash