Detectives investigate following another stabbing in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have launched an investigation after a 25-year-old man was stabbed in Stratford this afternoon.
Officers were called to Broadway at 2pm to reports of a man being stabbed.
The 25-year-old victim was taken to an east London hospital, suffering from stab wounds and is believed to have a punctured lung.
It is understood the incident involved two men who were known to each other and an argument escalated into violence.
Police are waiting for an update on his condition and the Stratford Shopping Centre’s East Mall has been closed off to shoppers.
You may also want to watch:
A number of shops including McDonalds and KFC on Broadway were asked to leave while forensic teams gathered evidence and the incident has caused traffic congestion and buses to be diverted in the area.
Anyone with information that may assist the investigation should call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property