Detectives investigate following another stabbing in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have launched an investigation after a 25-year-old man was stabbed in Stratford this afternoon.
Officers were called to Broadway at 2pm to reports of a man being stabbed.
The 25-year-old victim was taken to an east London hospital, suffering from stab wounds and is believed to have a punctured lung.
It is understood the incident involved two men who were known to each other and an argument escalated into violence.
Police are waiting for an update on his condition and the Stratford Shopping Centre’s East Mall has been closed off to shoppers.
You may also want to watch:
A number of shops including McDonalds and KFC on Broadway were asked to leave while forensic teams gathered evidence and the incident has caused traffic congestion and buses to be diverted in the area.
Anyone with information that may assist the investigation should call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 7 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 West Ham boss Moyes wants his side to show they can compete with the big boys
- 10 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home