Detectives investigate following another stabbing in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have launched an investigation after a 25-year-old man was stabbed in Stratford this afternoon.
Officers were called to Broadway at 2pm to reports of a man being stabbed.
The 25-year-old victim was taken to an east London hospital, suffering from stab wounds and is believed to have a punctured lung.
It is understood the incident involved two men who were known to each other and an argument escalated into violence.
Police are waiting for an update on his condition and the Stratford Shopping Centre’s East Mall has been closed off to shoppers.
You may also want to watch:
A number of shops including McDonalds and KFC on Broadway were asked to leave while forensic teams gathered evidence and the incident has caused traffic congestion and buses to be diverted in the area.
Anyone with information that may assist the investigation should call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 7 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 8 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Campaigners stage River Thames protest over Silvertown Tunnel