Detectives appeal for information to Plaistow attack on “innocent teenager”
Detectives are appealing for information after a teenager was stabbed and shot in his home in the early hours of Friday morning.
The 15-year-old sustained stab wounds to his leg and abdomen in the incident which occurred just before 3am on the morning of November 22. He was also shot in the leg.
The attack took place at the family home in Grange Road, Plaistow when a group of five masked men forced their way in. They were carrying at least one knife and a firearm.
The teenager, who sustained potentially life-changing injuries, remains in hospital where his condition remains serious but stable.
Det Inspector Gary Moncrieff who is heading the investigation said: “We have nothing to suggest that the victim was involved in crimes or gangs, nothing but an innocent 15-year-old.”
You may also want to watch:
Police believe it was a case of mistaken identity and are investigating former occupants who may have been linked to gangs.
Det Inspector Moncrieff said it was 3am in the morning and appealed to anyone who may have had a family member return home around that time, seen bloodstained clothing or heard talk about the incident to get in touch. Anyone with any information should call 101 or to stay anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 10 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
Trident Gang Crime Command are investigating the incident.
Police patrols have been increased in the area in order to provide reassurance to the local community.
Officers have arrested a 23-year-old man who remains in police custody.