Detectives appeal for information to Plaistow attack on “innocent teenager”
Detectives are appealing for information after a teenager was stabbed and shot in his home in the early hours of Friday morning.
The 15-year-old sustained stab wounds to his leg and abdomen in the incident which occurred just before 3am on the morning of November 22. He was also shot in the leg.
The attack took place at the family home in Grange Road, Plaistow when a group of five masked men forced their way in. They were carrying at least one knife and a firearm.
The teenager, who sustained potentially life-changing injuries, remains in hospital where his condition remains serious but stable.
Det Inspector Gary Moncrieff who is heading the investigation said: “We have nothing to suggest that the victim was involved in crimes or gangs, nothing but an innocent 15-year-old.”
You may also want to watch:
Police believe it was a case of mistaken identity and are investigating former occupants who may have been linked to gangs.
Det Inspector Moncrieff said it was 3am in the morning and appealed to anyone who may have had a family member return home around that time, seen bloodstained clothing or heard talk about the incident to get in touch. Anyone with any information should call 101 or to stay anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 2 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 3 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 4 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 5 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 6 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 7 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
Trident Gang Crime Command are investigating the incident.
Police patrols have been increased in the area in order to provide reassurance to the local community.
Officers have arrested a 23-year-old man who remains in police custody.