Delivery driver dragged from moped and stabbed during Manor Park robbery
- Credit: Google
A delivery driver was dragged from his moped and stabbed during a “brutal” attack in Manor Park.
The 23-year-old was on his Honda Pes in Ronnie Lane at around 6.30pm on Thursday, April 5 when he was approached by a group of teenagers.
The boys - described as white, around 15 years old and wearing dark clothing - then dragged him from his moped.
He suffered stab injuries to his body and leg, and both his moped and mobile phone were stolen.
The teenagers are thought to have made off along Lawrence Road.
The delivery driver was taken to hospital with non life-threatening injuries, and has since been discharged.
DC Jon Saddington, from Newham CID, said: “This was a brutal attack which left the victim suffering from severe injuries whilst simply carrying out his day-to-day job.
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 4 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 5 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 6 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 7 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 8 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 9 Late Maupay equaliser holds West Ham to Brighton draw
- 10 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
“His injuries could have easily been a lot worse and I am keen to hear from anyone who has information to help us identify the suspects.”
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.