Delivery driver dragged from moped and stabbed during Manor Park robbery
- Credit: Google
A delivery driver was dragged from his moped and stabbed during a “brutal” attack in Manor Park.
The 23-year-old was on his Honda Pes in Ronnie Lane at around 6.30pm on Thursday, April 5 when he was approached by a group of teenagers.
The boys - described as white, around 15 years old and wearing dark clothing - then dragged him from his moped.
He suffered stab injuries to his body and leg, and both his moped and mobile phone were stolen.
The teenagers are thought to have made off along Lawrence Road.
You may also want to watch:
The delivery driver was taken to hospital with non life-threatening injuries, and has since been discharged.
DC Jon Saddington, from Newham CID, said: “This was a brutal attack which left the victim suffering from severe injuries whilst simply carrying out his day-to-day job.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 5 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 6 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 7 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
“His injuries could have easily been a lot worse and I am keen to hear from anyone who has information to help us identify the suspects.”
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.