Delivery driver dragged from moped and stabbed during Manor Park robbery
- Credit: Google
A delivery driver was dragged from his moped and stabbed during a “brutal” attack in Manor Park.
The 23-year-old was on his Honda Pes in Ronnie Lane at around 6.30pm on Thursday, April 5 when he was approached by a group of teenagers.
The boys - described as white, around 15 years old and wearing dark clothing - then dragged him from his moped.
He suffered stab injuries to his body and leg, and both his moped and mobile phone were stolen.
The teenagers are thought to have made off along Lawrence Road.
You may also want to watch:
The delivery driver was taken to hospital with non life-threatening injuries, and has since been discharged.
DC Jon Saddington, from Newham CID, said: “This was a brutal attack which left the victim suffering from severe injuries whilst simply carrying out his day-to-day job.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 7 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
“His injuries could have easily been a lot worse and I am keen to hear from anyone who has information to help us identify the suspects.”
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.