Decade on sex offenders’ register for serial Tube attacker caught at Mile End
- Credit: Archant
A man who repeatedly assaulted women on the Tube will spend a decade on the sex offenders’ register.
Cahal McDonnell, 45, was wanted by British Transport Police for assaulting four women between July 2011 and September 2012.
He inappropriately touched a 30-year-old woman as she travelled on the Jubilee Line from London Bridge to Canary Wharf at around 6pm on August 13.
Following the assault, the victim sat down opposite McDonnell and took a picture of him on her phone before leaving the train.
McDonnell also inappropriately touched a 18-year-old woman travelling westbound on the Central Line from Mile End on September 3 around 9am, followed her into Liverpool St station, and repeated the attack on the same train two days later.
He also inappropriately touched a 33-year-old woman on the Central line at Holborn on July 6 2011.
He was finally arrested by plain-clothed police officers patrolling Mile End station on September 21.
- 1 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 2 Motorcyclist, 19, died in hospital after A13 crash near Beckton flyover
- 3 Start date revealed for next Bishop of Barking after consecration
- 4 100 people leave Stratford block of flats after fire breaks out
- 5 Newport's Norman sends Leyton Orient to late defeat
- 6 Have your say on the proposed east London constituency boundary changes
- 7 Get involved in London's first Great Mental Health Day
- 8 Platinum Jubilee: Send us your stories and pictures with the Queen
- 9 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 10 Beckton children’s hospice given £5k to replace stolen garden equipment
McDonnell, of Bostall Park Avenue, Bexleyheath, pleaded guilty to four counts of sexual assault at Blackfriars Crown Court last Friday and he received a 15 month prison sentence suspended for two years; a one year supervision order; 200 hours unpaid work; and he was placed on the sex offenders’ register for 10 years.