Decade on sex offenders’ register for serial Tube attacker caught at Mile End
- Credit: Archant
A man who repeatedly assaulted women on the Tube will spend a decade on the sex offenders’ register.
Cahal McDonnell, 45, was wanted by British Transport Police for assaulting four women between July 2011 and September 2012.
He inappropriately touched a 30-year-old woman as she travelled on the Jubilee Line from London Bridge to Canary Wharf at around 6pm on August 13.
Following the assault, the victim sat down opposite McDonnell and took a picture of him on her phone before leaving the train.
McDonnell also inappropriately touched a 18-year-old woman travelling westbound on the Central Line from Mile End on September 3 around 9am, followed her into Liverpool St station, and repeated the attack on the same train two days later.
You may also want to watch:
He also inappropriately touched a 33-year-old woman on the Central line at Holborn on July 6 2011.
He was finally arrested by plain-clothed police officers patrolling Mile End station on September 21.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Our planet is in a terrible place
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 10 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
McDonnell, of Bostall Park Avenue, Bexleyheath, pleaded guilty to four counts of sexual assault at Blackfriars Crown Court last Friday and he received a 15 month prison sentence suspended for two years; a one year supervision order; 200 hours unpaid work; and he was placed on the sex offenders’ register for 10 years.