Jailed: Canning Town dealer who kept drugs in bum for four days
- Credit: Essex Police
A dealer who kept drugs in his bum for four days after being caught trying to sell to a police officer has been jailed for five years.
Ipswich Crown Court heard how officers patrolling in Colchester spotted James Mamali, of Sutton Road, Canning Town, acting suspiciously on February 2.
Moments later, the 29-year-old approached one of them and asked if he wanted to buy heroin or crack cocaine.
When the officer produced his handcuffs, Mamali ran off but was tackled and arrested.
He was searched at Colchester police station and was found to be concealing 46 wraps of heroin and crack cocaine in his bum. He refused to go to the toilet for four days until he eventually passed the drugs out.
You may also want to watch:
He was also found to have £800 in cash on him.
Mamali was charged with two counts of possession of a Class A drug with intent to supply and assaulting a police officer. He was found guilty and sentenced on Thursday, June 14.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 7 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 8 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses