Jailed: Canning Town dealer who kept drugs in bum for four days
- Credit: Essex Police
A dealer who kept drugs in his bum for four days after being caught trying to sell to a police officer has been jailed for five years.
Ipswich Crown Court heard how officers patrolling in Colchester spotted James Mamali, of Sutton Road, Canning Town, acting suspiciously on February 2.
Moments later, the 29-year-old approached one of them and asked if he wanted to buy heroin or crack cocaine.
When the officer produced his handcuffs, Mamali ran off but was tackled and arrested.
He was searched at Colchester police station and was found to be concealing 46 wraps of heroin and crack cocaine in his bum. He refused to go to the toilet for four days until he eventually passed the drugs out.
You may also want to watch:
He was also found to have £800 in cash on him.
Mamali was charged with two counts of possession of a Class A drug with intent to supply and assaulting a police officer. He was found guilty and sentenced on Thursday, June 14.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 6 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 7 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding