Jailed: Canning Town dealer who kept drugs in bum for four days
- Credit: Essex Police
A dealer who kept drugs in his bum for four days after being caught trying to sell to a police officer has been jailed for five years.
Ipswich Crown Court heard how officers patrolling in Colchester spotted James Mamali, of Sutton Road, Canning Town, acting suspiciously on February 2.
Moments later, the 29-year-old approached one of them and asked if he wanted to buy heroin or crack cocaine.
When the officer produced his handcuffs, Mamali ran off but was tackled and arrested.
He was searched at Colchester police station and was found to be concealing 46 wraps of heroin and crack cocaine in his bum. He refused to go to the toilet for four days until he eventually passed the drugs out.
You may also want to watch:
He was also found to have £800 in cash on him.
Mamali was charged with two counts of possession of a Class A drug with intent to supply and assaulting a police officer. He was found guilty and sentenced on Thursday, June 14.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years