Danny O’Shea murder latest: Police make third arrest
New details released of minibus spotted in area prior to teenager’s murder
Police have arrested a third man in connection with the murder of Custom House teenager Danny O’Shea, it has emerged.
A 31-year-old man was detained in Battersea, south London on December 9 and released on bail to re-appear at an east London police station in the New Year.
New information has also been released on a white Ford Transit minibus seen close to where 18-year-old Danny was stabbed to death in Gill Avenue, Custom House, on December 2.
The vehicle had red and blue lettering on it, and the words “self-drive hire.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers want anybody who saw it in Butchers Road, between 3pm and 6pm, to come forward. They are keen to trace the occupants.
Emergency services were called to Gill Avenue at 6.15pm to find Danny lying in the road with a fatal stab wound to the neck. Despite attempts to resuscitate him, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
Police believe he may have been chased by a group of men before attacked.
To assist, call the incident room on (020) 8345 3734 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Two men, aged 43 and 32, arrested as part of the inquiry have also been bailed until early in the New Year.