Danny O’Shea murder latest: Police make third arrest
New details released of minibus spotted in area prior to teenager’s murder
Police have arrested a third man in connection with the murder of Custom House teenager Danny O’Shea, it has emerged.
A 31-year-old man was detained in Battersea, south London on December 9 and released on bail to re-appear at an east London police station in the New Year.
New information has also been released on a white Ford Transit minibus seen close to where 18-year-old Danny was stabbed to death in Gill Avenue, Custom House, on December 2.
The vehicle had red and blue lettering on it, and the words “self-drive hire.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers want anybody who saw it in Butchers Road, between 3pm and 6pm, to come forward. They are keen to trace the occupants.
Emergency services were called to Gill Avenue at 6.15pm to find Danny lying in the road with a fatal stab wound to the neck. Despite attempts to resuscitate him, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
- 1 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 2 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 3 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 4 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 5 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 8 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 9 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 10 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
Police believe he may have been chased by a group of men before attacked.
To assist, call the incident room on (020) 8345 3734 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Two men, aged 43 and 32, arrested as part of the inquiry have also been bailed until early in the New Year.