Danny O’Shea murder latest: Police make third arrest
New details released of minibus spotted in area prior to teenager’s murder
Police have arrested a third man in connection with the murder of Custom House teenager Danny O’Shea, it has emerged.
A 31-year-old man was detained in Battersea, south London on December 9 and released on bail to re-appear at an east London police station in the New Year.
New information has also been released on a white Ford Transit minibus seen close to where 18-year-old Danny was stabbed to death in Gill Avenue, Custom House, on December 2.
The vehicle had red and blue lettering on it, and the words “self-drive hire.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers want anybody who saw it in Butchers Road, between 3pm and 6pm, to come forward. They are keen to trace the occupants.
Emergency services were called to Gill Avenue at 6.15pm to find Danny lying in the road with a fatal stab wound to the neck. Despite attempts to resuscitate him, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 8 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
Police believe he may have been chased by a group of men before attacked.
To assist, call the incident room on (020) 8345 3734 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Two men, aged 43 and 32, arrested as part of the inquiry have also been bailed until early in the New Year.