Cyclist killed in collision with coach named as Daniel Harris from Barkingside
A cyclist killed in a collision with a coach last night outside the Olympic Park has been named as Daniel Michael Harris of Barkingside.
The 28-year-old of Waterloo Road was in collision with the coach at about 7.40pm in Ruckholt Road (A106), junction with the East Cross Route (A12), Hackney Wick.
Police have described the coach as an Olympic bus.
Mr Harris was pronounced dead at the scene at 8.14pm and a post-mortem is due to take place tomorrow.
An inquest opened and adjourned at Poplar Coroner’s Court today.
You may also want to watch:
A 65-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and was taken to an east London police station.
He has been bailed pending further inquiries to a date in late August.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 3 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 6 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 7 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 8 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 9 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 10 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
The collision is being investigated by the Metropolitan Police’s Road Death Investigation Unit.
Anyone with information on the accident should call 020 8597 4874, or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.