Cyclist killed in collision with coach named as Daniel Harris from Barkingside
A cyclist killed in a collision with a coach last night outside the Olympic Park has been named as Daniel Michael Harris of Barkingside.
The 28-year-old of Waterloo Road was in collision with the coach at about 7.40pm in Ruckholt Road (A106), junction with the East Cross Route (A12), Hackney Wick.
Police have described the coach as an Olympic bus.
Mr Harris was pronounced dead at the scene at 8.14pm and a post-mortem is due to take place tomorrow.
An inquest opened and adjourned at Poplar Coroner’s Court today.
You may also want to watch:
A 65-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and was taken to an east London police station.
He has been bailed pending further inquiries to a date in late August.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
The collision is being investigated by the Metropolitan Police’s Road Death Investigation Unit.
Anyone with information on the accident should call 020 8597 4874, or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.