Cyclist killed in collision with coach named as Daniel Harris from Barkingside
A cyclist killed in a collision with a coach last night outside the Olympic Park has been named as Daniel Michael Harris of Barkingside.
The 28-year-old of Waterloo Road was in collision with the coach at about 7.40pm in Ruckholt Road (A106), junction with the East Cross Route (A12), Hackney Wick.
Police have described the coach as an Olympic bus.
Mr Harris was pronounced dead at the scene at 8.14pm and a post-mortem is due to take place tomorrow.
An inquest opened and adjourned at Poplar Coroner’s Court today.
You may also want to watch:
A 65-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and was taken to an east London police station.
He has been bailed pending further inquiries to a date in late August.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
The collision is being investigated by the Metropolitan Police’s Road Death Investigation Unit.
Anyone with information on the accident should call 020 8597 4874, or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.