Cyclist killed in collision with coach named as Daniel Harris from Barkingside
A cyclist killed in a collision with a coach last night outside the Olympic Park has been named as Daniel Michael Harris of Barkingside.
The 28-year-old of Waterloo Road was in collision with the coach at about 7.40pm in Ruckholt Road (A106), junction with the East Cross Route (A12), Hackney Wick.
Police have described the coach as an Olympic bus.
Mr Harris was pronounced dead at the scene at 8.14pm and a post-mortem is due to take place tomorrow.
An inquest opened and adjourned at Poplar Coroner’s Court today.
You may also want to watch:
A 65-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and was taken to an east London police station.
He has been bailed pending further inquiries to a date in late August.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 3 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 4 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 7 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 8 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 9 WSL: West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0
- 10 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
The collision is being investigated by the Metropolitan Police’s Road Death Investigation Unit.
Anyone with information on the accident should call 020 8597 4874, or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.