Custom House woman charged over Naomi Oni acid attack
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old woman has been charged over the acid attack that left Naomi Oni with horrific scars.
Mary Konye, of Throckmorten Road, Custom House, was charged today and remanded in custody.
Damaris Lakin from London’s Crown Prosecution Service, said: “I concluded that there is sufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction and that it is in the public interest to charge Ms Konye with throwing or casting a corrosive fluid with intent to burn, maim, disfigure, disable or do grievous bodily harm.”
She will appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.
Naomi, also 21, was returning home from work at Victoria’s Secret in Westfield Stratford City when she was attacked on December 30.
You may also want to watch:
She says someone wearing a veil threw acid in her face shortly after she stepped off the bus in Dagenham.
- 1 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 2 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 3 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
- 9 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 10 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes