Custom House woman charged over Naomi Oni acid attack
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old woman has been charged over the acid attack that left Naomi Oni with horrific scars.
Mary Konye, of Throckmorten Road, Custom House, was charged today and remanded in custody.
Damaris Lakin from London’s Crown Prosecution Service, said: “I concluded that there is sufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction and that it is in the public interest to charge Ms Konye with throwing or casting a corrosive fluid with intent to burn, maim, disfigure, disable or do grievous bodily harm.”
She will appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.
Naomi, also 21, was returning home from work at Victoria’s Secret in Westfield Stratford City when she was attacked on December 30.
You may also want to watch:
She says someone wearing a veil threw acid in her face shortly after she stepped off the bus in Dagenham.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 5 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 6 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 7 Volunteers out to bust Covid jab myths and false conspiracy theories
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years