Custom House woman charged over Naomi Oni acid attack
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old woman has been charged over the acid attack that left Naomi Oni with horrific scars.
Mary Konye, of Throckmorten Road, Custom House, was charged today and remanded in custody.
Damaris Lakin from London’s Crown Prosecution Service, said: “I concluded that there is sufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction and that it is in the public interest to charge Ms Konye with throwing or casting a corrosive fluid with intent to burn, maim, disfigure, disable or do grievous bodily harm.”
She will appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.
Naomi, also 21, was returning home from work at Victoria’s Secret in Westfield Stratford City when she was attacked on December 30.
She says someone wearing a veil threw acid in her face shortly after she stepped off the bus in Dagenham.
- 1 Newham primary schools top national league tables
- 2 'Strict licensing laws and pandemic to blame for Newham exodus,' letting agent claims
- 3 Canning Town fire 'involving freezer' prompts safety warnings
- 4 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 5 £1m Newham lottery ticket winner finally claims their jackpot prize
- 6 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 7 Report: 'Significant improvement' in Newham's parks
- 8 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 9 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 10 O's boss Jackett heaps praise on entire side not just Drinan and Smith