Custom House woman charged over Naomi Oni acid attack
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old woman has been charged over the acid attack that left Naomi Oni with horrific scars.
Mary Konye, of Throckmorten Road, Custom House, was charged today and remanded in custody.
Damaris Lakin from London’s Crown Prosecution Service, said: “I concluded that there is sufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction and that it is in the public interest to charge Ms Konye with throwing or casting a corrosive fluid with intent to burn, maim, disfigure, disable or do grievous bodily harm.”
She will appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.
Naomi, also 21, was returning home from work at Victoria’s Secret in Westfield Stratford City when she was attacked on December 30.
You may also want to watch:
She says someone wearing a veil threw acid in her face shortly after she stepped off the bus in Dagenham.
- 1 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 2 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 3 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 4 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 5 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 6 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 7 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing