Custom House off-licence murder: police make appeal to find black Mercedes
- Credit: MPS
Police are appealing for information about a car they believe is linked to the killing of a man inside a Custom House off-licence.
Ahmed Deen-Jah, 21, died after being stabbed in the heart while buying a drink inside a shop in Freemasons Road at 3.40pm on Sunday, April 2.
A black Mercedes CLK 220, vehicle registration number KJ0 6CCZ, was seen on the A406 near to the A12 at approximately 2.25pm.
The same car was found burnt out in Warren Road, Leytonstone, at around 11.30pm that evening.
Det Ch Insp Gary Holmes said: “The movements of this car form a vital part of this investigation and we need to work out its whereabouts from when it was spotted shortly before 2:30pm on April 2 and when it was discovered burnt out later that night.
“If you remember seeing this car in between those timeframes, or have any information that could assist the investigation, I would urge you to call police.”
Five people, aged between 19 and 21, who were arrested on suspicion of Ahmed’s murder have all been bailed pending further enquiries to dates in May.
- 1 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 2 We need a couple of bodies says Leyton Orient boss Wellens
- 3 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 4 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 5 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 6 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 7 West Ham 'couldn't get near' City says Moyes
- 8 Leyton Orient 'got away with one' at Crawley says Wellens
- 9 Coroner slams 'scandalous' failures after woman laid dead for two years
- 10 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
Any witnesses or anyone with information should contact police on 020 8345 1570.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers.org.uk.