Custom House off-licence murder: police make appeal to find black Mercedes
- Credit: MPS
Police are appealing for information about a car they believe is linked to the killing of a man inside a Custom House off-licence.
Ahmed Deen-Jah, 21, died after being stabbed in the heart while buying a drink inside a shop in Freemasons Road at 3.40pm on Sunday, April 2.
A black Mercedes CLK 220, vehicle registration number KJ0 6CCZ, was seen on the A406 near to the A12 at approximately 2.25pm.
The same car was found burnt out in Warren Road, Leytonstone, at around 11.30pm that evening.
Det Ch Insp Gary Holmes said: “The movements of this car form a vital part of this investigation and we need to work out its whereabouts from when it was spotted shortly before 2:30pm on April 2 and when it was discovered burnt out later that night.
You may also want to watch:
“If you remember seeing this car in between those timeframes, or have any information that could assist the investigation, I would urge you to call police.”
Five people, aged between 19 and 21, who were arrested on suspicion of Ahmed’s murder have all been bailed pending further enquiries to dates in May.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 3 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 4 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 5 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 8 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
- 9 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
Any witnesses or anyone with information should contact police on 020 8345 1570.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers.org.uk.