Custom House off-licence murder: police make appeal to find black Mercedes
- Credit: MPS
Police are appealing for information about a car they believe is linked to the killing of a man inside a Custom House off-licence.
Ahmed Deen-Jah, 21, died after being stabbed in the heart while buying a drink inside a shop in Freemasons Road at 3.40pm on Sunday, April 2.
A black Mercedes CLK 220, vehicle registration number KJ0 6CCZ, was seen on the A406 near to the A12 at approximately 2.25pm.
The same car was found burnt out in Warren Road, Leytonstone, at around 11.30pm that evening.
Det Ch Insp Gary Holmes said: “The movements of this car form a vital part of this investigation and we need to work out its whereabouts from when it was spotted shortly before 2:30pm on April 2 and when it was discovered burnt out later that night.
You may also want to watch:
“If you remember seeing this car in between those timeframes, or have any information that could assist the investigation, I would urge you to call police.”
Five people, aged between 19 and 21, who were arrested on suspicion of Ahmed’s murder have all been bailed pending further enquiries to dates in May.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 8 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 9 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
Any witnesses or anyone with information should contact police on 020 8345 1570.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers.org.uk.