Custom House dealer jailed for possessing £630k of drugs
- Credit: MPS
An unemployed man who used his Custom House flat for mixing and storing Class A drugs has been jailed for eight years.
Fitim Selimi, who lived in Adriatic Apartments, Western Gateway, was found to have 13.5kg of cocaine, worth £607,5000 and 993 grams of heroin, worth £28,000, in his flat when officers searched it on June 10, 2015.
The 28-year-old had already fled his flat but had left behind the drugs, as well as £93,305 and €351,605 in cash, all of which was seized.
Selimi was found to have fled the country but returned prior to an arrest warrant being issued and was arrested on Wednesday, January 6 as he arrived at Luton Airport.
He appeared at Kingston Crown Court on Wednesday, February 3 where he admitted possessing heroin and cocaine with intent to supply and to possessing criminal property.
You may also want to watch:
On Friday last week, he was sentenced to eight years for each of the drugs offences and five years for possessing the money, to run concurrently.
Det Con Duncan Jennings said: “I am delighted with the sentencing in this case; it sends out a clear message to those that think supplying Class A drugs is a way to earn a living.
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 4 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 5 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 6 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 7 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 8 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
“The impact on the people of London is severe and this has been reflected in this sentence.”