Custom House 23-year-old jailed for murdering Lithuanian builder
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old man from Custom House has today been jailed for a minimum of 30 years for the murder of a Lithuanian builder in broad daylight
Terngu Agera, of Sophia Road, and Stephen Lansana, 22, of no fixed address were both given life sentences at the Old Bailey for stabbing the 38-year-old to death as he returned home from work with his father on July 3, 2014.
The pair also received 10 years for robbery and four years for conspiracy to burgle, with both sentences to be served concurrently.
Lithuanian national Zydrunas Laurinavicius, 38, was attacked by three men outside a school in Hendon shortly before 4.45pm and stabbed to death, as his work bag and watch were stolen.
Zydrunas, of Holyhead Close, East Ham, had been refurbishing a home with his father and was walking towards a bus stop on Parson Street when the group targeted them.
You may also want to watch:
Zydrunas was stabbed while his father had a knife put to his throat.
Police and ambulance crews were called to the scene, at the junction with Downage, a short time later to find Zydrunas suffering from critical stab wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene just before 5.30pm.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex
A post-mortem examination at Finchley Mortuary the next day confirmed the cause of death as stab wounds to the chest.
Three other men were arrested and charged by detectives later that month.
Bruno Guimaraes, 23, of Carnarvon Road, Forest Gate, was jailed for three years for conspiracy to burgle while Terae Eusebe, 21, of Hatherley Gardens, Upton Park, was jailed for 28 months for the same crime.
Marlon O’Brien, 22, of Woodcocks, Custom House, was jailed for 24 months for conspiracy to burgle.
All five men were convicted yesterday.