Crowdfunding page set up to pay for the funeral of West Ham stabbing victim Taofeek Lamidi
- Credit: Archant
A crowdfunding page has been set up to help pay for the funeral of a man who was stabbed to death in West Ham.
Taofeek Lamidi was knifed repeatedly in Memorial Avenue, just after 7.30pm on New Year’s Eve – two days before his 21st birthday.
Paying tribute to the 20-year-old, who was living in south London, the fundraising page says: “Taofeek had a heart of gold and was a loving young man taken away just two days before his 21st birthday.
“He was a role model and brother to many and he will be dearly missed. “Taofeek deserves to be in everyone’s prayers and he deserves the best send off.
“So let’s make it something memorable, as memories are all we have left of our beloved brother.”
You may also want to watch:
Taofeek, a player for Jolof Sports football team, was one of four young males stabbed to death in London within a 24-hour period.
No one has been arrested.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
DCI Mark Cranwell, investigating officer, is appealing for witnesses to come forward.
He said: “We know that the victim was with a number of people at the time of the attack, and I urgently need to trace this group of young men.
“Memorial Avenue is a busy residential area close to West Ham station. I know that there were people in the area who witnessed the incident, and I need them to come forward.
“Any information provided will be treated with the strictest confidence.”
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8721 4054 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
To make a donation visit gofundme.com/taofeeksfuneral.