Crowdfunding page set up to pay for the funeral of West Ham stabbing victim Taofeek Lamidi
- Credit: Archant
A crowdfunding page has been set up to help pay for the funeral of a man who was stabbed to death in West Ham.
Taofeek Lamidi was knifed repeatedly in Memorial Avenue, just after 7.30pm on New Year’s Eve – two days before his 21st birthday.
Paying tribute to the 20-year-old, who was living in south London, the fundraising page says: “Taofeek had a heart of gold and was a loving young man taken away just two days before his 21st birthday.
“He was a role model and brother to many and he will be dearly missed. “Taofeek deserves to be in everyone’s prayers and he deserves the best send off.
“So let’s make it something memorable, as memories are all we have left of our beloved brother.”
You may also want to watch:
Taofeek, a player for Jolof Sports football team, was one of four young males stabbed to death in London within a 24-hour period.
No one has been arrested.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 4 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 5 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 6 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 7 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Court date adjourned for Beckton man who sexually assaulted young girl
DCI Mark Cranwell, investigating officer, is appealing for witnesses to come forward.
He said: “We know that the victim was with a number of people at the time of the attack, and I urgently need to trace this group of young men.
“Memorial Avenue is a busy residential area close to West Ham station. I know that there were people in the area who witnessed the incident, and I need them to come forward.
“Any information provided will be treated with the strictest confidence.”
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8721 4054 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
To make a donation visit gofundme.com/taofeeksfuneral.