Crime campaign: Help us catch Newham’s most wanted
Photo gallery exclusive: These are the people police want to find - and they need your help to track them down.
The Recorder has teamed up with Newham police to catch suspects and fugitives lurking in the borough to make our streets safer.
Police want to speak to 16 men and one woman in connection with a range of alleged offences from fraud and domestic violence to assault, burglary, and possession of drugs.
All of the most wanted are thought to live in - or regularly visit - Newham.
Detectives say some of the suspects have evaded police for a year and many of them pose a danger to the public.
Det Sergeant Mick Townsend told the Recorder: “It’s important we get these people into police custody. I urge the public to help us if they know where these people are or have any information that could assist us.”
The Recorder will be publishing a fresh list when new suspects are added and we will be keeping readers updated on who’s been caught - or arrested - and how.
- 1 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 2 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 3 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 4 Remembering speedway at West Ham Stadium 50 years on
- 5 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 6 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 7 Moyes gives warning after West Ham miss out on Europa League
- 8 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 9 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 10 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
But for now, we need your assistance to rid our streets of crime.
If you see or recognise any of these faces, call police number 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 and quote the reference below the relevant picture.