Crime campaign: Help us catch Newham’s most wanted
Photo gallery exclusive: These are the people police want to find - and they need your help to track them down.
The Recorder has teamed up with Newham police to catch suspects and fugitives lurking in the borough to make our streets safer.
Police want to speak to 16 men and one woman in connection with a range of alleged offences from fraud and domestic violence to assault, burglary, and possession of drugs.
All of the most wanted are thought to live in - or regularly visit - Newham.
Detectives say some of the suspects have evaded police for a year and many of them pose a danger to the public.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sergeant Mick Townsend told the Recorder: “It’s important we get these people into police custody. I urge the public to help us if they know where these people are or have any information that could assist us.”
The Recorder will be publishing a fresh list when new suspects are added and we will be keeping readers updated on who’s been caught - or arrested - and how.
- 1 Neighbour reports 'intolerable' antisocial car meets around ABBA Arena building site
- 2 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Campaigners claim ULEZ expansion benefit 'undone' by Silvertown Tunnel project
- 6 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 7 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 8 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 9 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 10 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
But for now, we need your assistance to rid our streets of crime.
If you see or recognise any of these faces, call police number 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 and quote the reference below the relevant picture.