Crime campaign: Help us catch Newham’s most wanted
Photo gallery exclusive: These are the people police want to find - and they need your help to track them down.
The Recorder has teamed up with Newham police to catch suspects and fugitives lurking in the borough to make our streets safer.
Police want to speak to 16 men and one woman in connection with a range of alleged offences from fraud and domestic violence to assault, burglary, and possession of drugs.
All of the most wanted are thought to live in - or regularly visit - Newham.
Detectives say some of the suspects have evaded police for a year and many of them pose a danger to the public.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sergeant Mick Townsend told the Recorder: “It’s important we get these people into police custody. I urge the public to help us if they know where these people are or have any information that could assist us.”
The Recorder will be publishing a fresh list when new suspects are added and we will be keeping readers updated on who’s been caught - or arrested - and how.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 5 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 10 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
But for now, we need your assistance to rid our streets of crime.
If you see or recognise any of these faces, call police number 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 and quote the reference below the relevant picture.