Revealed: Where the 855 crashes happened in Newham last year
- Credit: Archant
The most dangerous roads and junctions in Newham have been revealed thanks to figures showing the location of every crash last year.
According to Department for Transport data, which was released on Tuesday and covers crashes reported to police during 2018, the number of incidents in Newham dropped from 865 in 2017 to 855 in 2018.
A significant number of crashes were recorded at the junction of Stratford Broadway and West Ham Lane, as well as at the A13 roundabouts in Canning Town and Beckton.
Two of the borough's longest roads - Romford Road and Barking Road - saw a large number of crashes, with the Manor Park and East Ham sections respectively being the most dangerous.
Of the 855 crashes recorded last year, five were fatal, 99 were serious and 743 recorded as slight.
You may also want to watch:
It ranks Newham's roads as more dangerous than neighbouring Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge, but less than Tower Hamlets, which recorded 1,132 crashes last year.
- 1 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 2 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 3 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 4 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 5 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 6 East Ham money laundering suspect arrested in people smuggling probe
- 7 Council loses court action against Barclays Bank
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton on the six game winless run
- 9 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
- 10 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery