Serial shoplifter banned from Westfield Stratford City
- Credit: Archant
A serial thief who has notched up more than 50 convictions has been banned from Westfield Stratford City.
Dean Allassani of Brassett Point, Abbey Road, Stratford, tried stealing clothing from JD Sports with an unknown accomplice on July 15.
The pair managed to flee with some clothing after staff confronted them.
Two days later 38-year-old Allassani went back to the store carrying a black rucksack and tin foil bag. Staff clocked him before police arrested him.
He pleaded guilty to a charge of going equipped to steal at Thames Magistrates’ Court on November 8 and was given a 12-month conditional discharge.
Supt Waheed Khan said: “Any acts of violence and anti-social behaviour have profound effects on victims and the wider community.
“We will use any legal means and work tirelessly to enhance public safety in Newham.”
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 3 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 4 Fire breaks out in Canning Town house
- 5 Police investigate fire at derelict Forest Gate church
- 6 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 7 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 8 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 9 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 10 Sixth form rated Outstanding in all categories by Ofsted
The court heard Allassani was addicted to Class A drugs, already had 50 theft and four fraud convictions and had been involved in suspicious activity at the shopping centre.
He was given a criminal behaviour order barring him from entering Westfield Stratford City until November 7, 2022 and ordered to pay a £20 victim surcharge.