Serial shoplifter banned from Westfield Stratford City
- Credit: Archant
A serial thief who has notched up more than 50 convictions has been banned from Westfield Stratford City.
Dean Allassani of Brassett Point, Abbey Road, Stratford, tried stealing clothing from JD Sports with an unknown accomplice on July 15.
The pair managed to flee with some clothing after staff confronted them.
Two days later 38-year-old Allassani went back to the store carrying a black rucksack and tin foil bag. Staff clocked him before police arrested him.
He pleaded guilty to a charge of going equipped to steal at Thames Magistrates’ Court on November 8 and was given a 12-month conditional discharge.
You may also want to watch:
Supt Waheed Khan said: “Any acts of violence and anti-social behaviour have profound effects on victims and the wider community.
“We will use any legal means and work tirelessly to enhance public safety in Newham.”
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 2 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 5 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 6 Player ratings: Coufal shines as West Ham fall to Everton defeat
- 7 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 8 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 9 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 10 We're down, but not out insists West Ham boss Moyes after Everton loss
The court heard Allassani was addicted to Class A drugs, already had 50 theft and four fraud convictions and had been involved in suspicious activity at the shopping centre.
He was given a criminal behaviour order barring him from entering Westfield Stratford City until November 7, 2022 and ordered to pay a £20 victim surcharge.