Serial shoplifter banned from Westfield Stratford City
- Credit: Archant
A serial thief who has notched up more than 50 convictions has been banned from Westfield Stratford City.
Dean Allassani of Brassett Point, Abbey Road, Stratford, tried stealing clothing from JD Sports with an unknown accomplice on July 15.
The pair managed to flee with some clothing after staff confronted them.
Two days later 38-year-old Allassani went back to the store carrying a black rucksack and tin foil bag. Staff clocked him before police arrested him.
He pleaded guilty to a charge of going equipped to steal at Thames Magistrates’ Court on November 8 and was given a 12-month conditional discharge.
You may also want to watch:
Supt Waheed Khan said: “Any acts of violence and anti-social behaviour have profound effects on victims and the wider community.
“We will use any legal means and work tirelessly to enhance public safety in Newham.”
- 1 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 2 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 3 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 6 Secondary claims to be 'billion-pound school' based on earnings research
- 7 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 10 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
The court heard Allassani was addicted to Class A drugs, already had 50 theft and four fraud convictions and had been involved in suspicious activity at the shopping centre.
He was given a criminal behaviour order barring him from entering Westfield Stratford City until November 7, 2022 and ordered to pay a £20 victim surcharge.