Serial shoplifter banned from Westfield Stratford City
- Credit: Archant
A serial thief who has notched up more than 50 convictions has been banned from Westfield Stratford City.
Dean Allassani of Brassett Point, Abbey Road, Stratford, tried stealing clothing from JD Sports with an unknown accomplice on July 15.
The pair managed to flee with some clothing after staff confronted them.
Two days later 38-year-old Allassani went back to the store carrying a black rucksack and tin foil bag. Staff clocked him before police arrested him.
He pleaded guilty to a charge of going equipped to steal at Thames Magistrates’ Court on November 8 and was given a 12-month conditional discharge.
You may also want to watch:
Supt Waheed Khan said: “Any acts of violence and anti-social behaviour have profound effects on victims and the wider community.
“We will use any legal means and work tirelessly to enhance public safety in Newham.”
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Our planet is in a terrible place
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 6 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 10 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
The court heard Allassani was addicted to Class A drugs, already had 50 theft and four fraud convictions and had been involved in suspicious activity at the shopping centre.
He was given a criminal behaviour order barring him from entering Westfield Stratford City until November 7, 2022 and ordered to pay a £20 victim surcharge.