Couple stormed into Plaistow home and stole cash
Thieves shoved aside a 55-year-old home owner before rifling his property.
The victim had answered a knock on his door in Cordwainers Walk, Plaistow on Saturday August 11 at 5.15pm and was confronted by a man and a women.
They pushed passed him and into his home and once inside the couple went through the victim’s possessions stealing �50 cash before fleeing the property.
The woman is described as white; aged between 17-20-years-old, medium build and shoulder length brown hair. She was wearing a dark blue top and light coloured jeans
Her white male accomplice is approximately aged 25-30- years-old, medium build with short black hair. He was wearing a blue top and blue jeans.
You may also want to watch:
Crime Prevention Design adviser PC Andy Whitfield advised: When you receive an unexpected knock at your door - Think before you open the door - use your chain and spy hole or look out of the window to see if you recognise them. If you do not have a window near your front door, ask who is calling prior to opening the door. If you are not convinced of the identity of the caller, don’t let them in. Ask the caller to come back later and arrange for a friend, relative or neighbour to be present on their return or ask the caller to contact this person.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 4 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 8 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing