Couple stormed into Plaistow home and stole cash
Thieves shoved aside a 55-year-old home owner before rifling his property.
The victim had answered a knock on his door in Cordwainers Walk, Plaistow on Saturday August 11 at 5.15pm and was confronted by a man and a women.
They pushed passed him and into his home and once inside the couple went through the victim’s possessions stealing �50 cash before fleeing the property.
The woman is described as white; aged between 17-20-years-old, medium build and shoulder length brown hair. She was wearing a dark blue top and light coloured jeans
Her white male accomplice is approximately aged 25-30- years-old, medium build with short black hair. He was wearing a blue top and blue jeans.
You may also want to watch:
Crime Prevention Design adviser PC Andy Whitfield advised: When you receive an unexpected knock at your door - Think before you open the door - use your chain and spy hole or look out of the window to see if you recognise them. If you do not have a window near your front door, ask who is calling prior to opening the door. If you are not convinced of the identity of the caller, don’t let them in. Ask the caller to come back later and arrange for a friend, relative or neighbour to be present on their return or ask the caller to contact this person.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 3 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 4 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 5 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 8 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 9 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking