Convicted Stratford killer admits ‘horrific’ 2001 rape
- Credit: PA
A convicted killer from Stratford has admitted carrying out a “horrific” rape two years before murdering a student.
Jason Dockrill is currently serving a life sentence for the “sadistic and sexual” murder of 23-year-old University of East London student Suvi Aronen whom he sexually assaulted and killed near Wanstead Common in March 2003.
The 46-year-old had been linked to another attack on a stranger in a park in November 2001 following a cold case review.
He had been due to face trial at the Old Bailey but this morning he pleaded guilty to rape and two counts of indecent assault.
Judge Timothy Pontius adjourned sentencing until July 18 so that mental health reports can be carried out.
You may also want to watch:
“Plainly, having read the statement of the victim, this is a very serious sexual attack. She was in fear for her life,” he said.
“It was a stranger rape carried out in a park and it consisted not just of rape but two serious indecent assaults as well.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 10 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
“It is fortunate the defendant has decided to change his plea today and saved the victim the ordeal of giving evidence about these horrific crimes committed 15 years ago.”
The unemployed fitter was jailed for life, with a minimum term of 25 years, in 2004 after being found guilty of murdering Ms Aronen.
He had also attacked three other women in the hours leading up to her death, for which he was jailed for a total of nine-and-a-half years, to run concurrently.
He tried to rob a 44-year-old woman, attacked an 80-year-old in a park and violently robbed another woman in the street.