Concern grows for pensioner after Plaistow bus disappearance
A elderly woman went missing yesterday while travelling on a bus to Plaistow with her son.
Eunice Payne, 78, (pictured) was with her 40-year-old son on the 115 from Aldgate to Greengate Street between 6pm and 7.10pm.
Because of the number of people on the bus, Eunice stayed on the lower deck while her son sat on the upper deck.
When he got off the bus at Greengate Street, he noticed his mother was missing
Eunice is described as five-feet tall, of stocky build, and usues a walking stick.
You may also want to watch:
She was wearing a navy blue top, a white cardigan with blue and white swirly patterns, black trousers and black trainers.
Officers are concerned for her safety and welfare because Eunice has dementia and type 2 diabetes.
- 1 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 2 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 3 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
- 9 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 10 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
Anyone with information should contact the missing person unit on 020 7275 5728 and quote reference 12MIS020648.