Collection of guns and ammunition found at Beckton address
Police arrested a 46-year-old man yesterday after finding firearms, ammunition, and drugs at a Beckton address.
Detectives from the Newham Gang and Firearms Unit forced entry to the property at Trader Road at 7.35am to execute a search warrant.
They seized nine firearms in total including a fully automatic, rifles, shotguns, and handguns with around 140 rounds of spent ammunition and about half a kilo of cannabis.
A man was arrested on suspicion of firearms and drugs offences and he was taken into custody at an east London police station.
Det Con Neil Warren, from the Newham Gang and Firearms Unit, said, “This was a great example of the proactive work of Newham detectives.
You may also want to watch:
“Dangerous weapons have been removed from the streets, which will help to reduce the level of gun crime in Newham.”
- 1 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 4 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 5 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Silvertown, North Woolwich heritage project offers opportunity to history buff
- 8 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 9 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home