Collection of guns and ammunition found at Beckton address
Police arrested a 46-year-old man yesterday after finding firearms, ammunition, and drugs at a Beckton address.
Detectives from the Newham Gang and Firearms Unit forced entry to the property at Trader Road at 7.35am to execute a search warrant.
They seized nine firearms in total including a fully automatic, rifles, shotguns, and handguns with around 140 rounds of spent ammunition and about half a kilo of cannabis.
A man was arrested on suspicion of firearms and drugs offences and he was taken into custody at an east London police station.
Det Con Neil Warren, from the Newham Gang and Firearms Unit, said, “This was a great example of the proactive work of Newham detectives.
You may also want to watch:
“Dangerous weapons have been removed from the streets, which will help to reduce the level of gun crime in Newham.”
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 6 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 7 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 8 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford